• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Any welders wanna help me?

Turtle

Addict
Mar 21, 2011
You can also buy stainless band clamp ones that require no welding, just a hole.

Didn’t even know these existed. Thank you!!!

$40 is well worth it. Assuming I don’t have to clean up the hole much. I didn’t get a good look at it. Just saw the bung separated from the pipe and it was still on my oxygen sensor.

Muffler shop refused to weld it back because “federal law “ and wanted $800 for new cats that he happened to have in stock.

Turtle

Addict
Mar 21, 2011
I can help if needed. You removing the exhaust and bringing it by or want it done on the car?

Done on the car. Mainly because I don’t want fight more rusty bolts.

The sensors are at 9 and 3 o’clock so it should be easy to weld and they are not in bad spots.

Band clamp is coming in the mail tomorrow, I ordered one as a test. If it don’t work Ill snap some pictures and let you know.

Where are you located at?

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info