šŸ” Better Homes Any tcg plumbers in here? I've got a shitty situation.

sktchy

āš ļøšŸ« 
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
So here's the story. Last year I had to replace a toilet because my kid "dumped rocks in it" (that's all hell tell me) Has worked fine up until about a month ago when he plugged the other one up. Changed that toilet because it was old and nasty and now it and every other drain in the house work fine. Except this one...I've snaked it with nothing to show multiple times, tried compressed air, have dumped water directly into the drain underneath with a pitcher while runnin the feed line into it simultaneously and can't seem to find a flow issue, the toilet seems to flush fine if I fill the back up and flush it in the bathtub but as soon as I stick the son of a bitch back down it does the same damn thing and won't flush.

Am I missing somethin here because this can't be that damn hard.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
So here's the story. Last year I had to replace a toilet because my kid "dumped rocks in it" (that's all hell tell me) Has worked fine up until about a month ago when he plugged the other one up. Changed that toilet because it was old and nasty and now it and every other drain in the house work fine. Except this one...I've snaked it with nothing to show multiple times, tried compressed air, have dumped water directly into the drain underneath with a pitcher while runnin the feed line into it simultaneously and can't seem to find a flow issue, the toilet seems to flush fine if I fill the back up and flush it in the bathtub but as soon as I stick the son of a bitch back down it does the same damn thing and won't flush.

Am I missing somethin here because this can't be that damn hard.
Toilet vent clogged? Not a plumber, just spit ballin'.

Reactions: sktchy

sktchy

āš ļøšŸ« 
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
That's probably my next go to but i would think it should be fine where the other bathroom is right next to it and everything else drains perfectly. After playin with the toilet in the bathtub some more I realized it wouldn't flush unless I tipped it a certain way so I got pissed and decided to go grab one of those golf ball flushing bastards.

If that doesn't work I'm goin after the vent and if that doesn't turn up anything I'm probably just gonna throw in the towel and call a plumber. There's nothin that pisses me off like havin to deal with a toilet ?

Reactions: cdh027

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I feel your pain. My kid must have flushed down an insane amount of toilet paper and some toilet friendly wet wipes. The toilet will only flush pee at this point. Now we have to ration how much toilet paper gets used each flush. I have to get a plumber out here because I've snaked it twice and the # 2's just don't flush well anymore.

sktchy

āš ļøšŸ« 
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I'm almost at a loss. New toilet does the same thing. Snaked the roof vents to find the kitchen one loose. Crawled in the attic to find that one had come off the pipe up there and is probably where my little leak in the living room when it rains is. Put that back together. The only thing I can think is if it's plugged where the two bathroom vents tie together so part of me wants to cut them apart but I'm gonna go after the stuff behind the dryer first I think.

In the meantime I'm over here lookin like this thinkin I don't have near enough beer on hand for this shit.
Snapchat-1407917033.jpg

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Fuck it I'm gonna go under the house with the snake and see if there's anything I can pop loose since I'm already filthy as hell. Hopefully I get lucky and there's a trap full of rocks down there.
Well shit if the pipes are accessible yeah fuck it. Cut ā€˜ā€˜em and splice back together or find a spot you can cut and add a clean out.

sktchy

āš ļøšŸ« 
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
The spider webs don't really bother me as much as the piss and shit do. Not to mention I can't really see where any of it is coming from or I'd probably go after it. I really don't know if I feel right putting somebody else through that mess either but I'm having one hell of a time trying to talk myself into goin back under there and tackling that shit. That one may be where I draw my line

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Use your other water sources to narrow it down, if everything else works, find out where the toilet in question tā€™s into the main waste pipe cut it off right before that and snake backwards, leave enough room to splice it back together itā€™s either plugged right at that joint or before it

sktchy

āš ļøšŸ« 
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Oh I know where it tees in. But where everything dumps in to go out to the septic tank is full of water. And I can't figure out how shit came out of the pipe under the house because I don't see where it would have. And if it came loose I would think the toilet would at least drain. I mean idk I may have to wrap myself up in some garbage bags and go back under but I'm going to get at least 8 more beers before I'm doing this shit.

sktchy

āš ļøšŸ« 
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Waste pipe looks good I believe. But it tees together in a little sunken in spot surrounded by cinder blocks and that spot is full of water and idk that it should be. Maybe it's piss idk. But the shit is directly under the toilet I replaced. Maybe I go get a 4 inch repair fitting and cut back from the tee and snake up from there I guess but where the hell did all that come from under there. And why does it snake through no problem from up top but there's still that mess. My snake should damn well reach to the tee easily so I'm almost trying to figure out fucking how really

sktchy

āš ļøšŸ« 
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Maybe I don't even need a repair fitting if I can slip my shit back in there and go from this end. But I'm absofuckinglutely going to go get beer. I guess I may as well nut up and go shake those other fucking pipes to see where the fuck the shit came from while I'm at but this is bullshit. I wanted to work on swapping my car again this weekend.

Snapchat-1167848816.jpg

sktchy

āš ļøšŸ« 
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Snapchat-558735861.jpg

Ya know that was the plan. Bit I think that maybe fuck this and I'll pay somebody to deal with it. Fuckkkkkk
View attachment 136478
Ok the little pipe is a clean out. I must've blown the cap off that with the air or plunger. It came apart pretty easy down low but at this point I'm doin the damn thing. Toilet flushes with it all unhook so I just gotta get through this. I'm not fucking ok right now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info