Any TCG Members in the Local 150?

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Some of my Tonka toys I get to play with.
Drilling 4 and 6 inch wells.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600109.451063.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600351.241997.jpg

Drilling 200' angle rock cores in Chicago.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600416.504214.jpg

drilling 8 inch dewatering wells.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600671.068147.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425600689.552013.jpg

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
My brother is a mechanic for heavy equipment, I'm pretty sure his union is also the 150. He works for Illinois rental that's off I80, he's been there quite a few years now and is doing field service calls, his service truck has more toys in it than my whole 2car garage. That boy works a shit ton of hours and most Saturday's but gets paid pretty good.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Operators can make (didn't read all pages, sorry if repeating) 100k+. BUT that job is no joke. Especially mobile crane operators. They are extremely talented, but when they fuck up, a lot of people can be seriously hurt/killed. I run very large cranes with large loads, with extremely limited space, and I need several days of rest to actually be able to take a shit. My job is cake compared to someone that does it in the real world.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Frank, you should look into applying for a job at Fermilab. It's a haul from your spot, but I feel like you would fit in quite well. We have an average age of 57 I think, and it goes up every year. We need young people to get in and learn as much as they can from the old timers before they retire. It's a very different atmosphere than the real world, will take a while to adjust, but if you're safe and you do good work, it's a great opportunity to start a career. BTW, all full time employees get 10% of their salary put into their 401B (non profit 401k) without ANY contribution from you. Just saying...

As goes for anyone else, we're not hiring like crazy, but we're hiring. It would be nice to get some car people there. I'm tired of seeing Prius after Prius.

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
Frank, you should look into applying for a job at Fermilab. It's a haul from your spot, but I feel like you would fit in quite well. We have an average age of 57 I think, and it goes up every year. We need young people to get in and learn as much as they can from the old timers before they retire. It's a very different atmosphere than the real world, will take a while to adjust, but if you're safe and you do good work, it's a great opportunity to start a career. BTW, all full time employees get 10% of their salary put into their 401B (non profit 401k) without ANY contribution from you. Just saying...

As goes for anyone else, we're not hiring like crazy, but we're hiring. It would be nice to get some car people there. I'm tired of seeing Prius after Prius.
Go on..

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois

What could someone do there that doesnt have a BA?

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Techs are well paid, that's what I am. Without a degree it's hard to get an upper job. I know our I.T. guys get paid pretty well and not all of them are schooled, they're just really good with computers. I would just apply for what you think you are a good fit and go from there. There's not a place in the world like the lab. It's seriously the safest most relaxed environment to work in.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen

I know them feels. argonne is the same way. Just in my group of coworkers, Im the youngest by almost 15 years.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I know them feels. argonne is the same way. Just in my group of coworkers, Im the youngest by almost 15 years.

I'm the youngest by 17yrs in my group. It's both labs like that, and guess who gets to do all the grunt work? Plus, men that much older will NEVER listen, they know everything and that's the way it is.

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
Started the application process for 150 yesterday. My drivers license I uploaded was rejected. Presuming because I never changed it to my current address.

This is the reason why it was rejected. They just changed the policy June 6th because people were using other addresses they weren't living at. They may start requiring a utility bill to prove your residence.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info