Any TCG Members in the Local 150?

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
While I'm sleeping or while I'm awake? Ok, I didn't realize it was that easy. :rofl:

Exactly. I mean, don't get cocky. There was shit that threw me the fuck off mixed in... But the advanced shit comes at the third step, which is supposing your selected from the testing round and interviewing phase.

The third step is where over a day (or two?) interactive training is thrown at you, followed by testing on said training. At least per the HR people running the show yesterday.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Exactly. I mean, don't get cocky. There was shit that threw me the fuck off mixed in... But the advanced shit comes at the third step, which is supposing your selected from the testing round and interviewing phase.

The third step is where over a day (or two?) interactive training is thrown at you, followed by testing on said training. At least per the HR people running the show yesterday.

I'm not lol. I just ASSumed that it would be more difficult. I usually assume everything is harder than it actually is, which usually puts me in a good position.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
How many hours per shift?

12's I work 14 days a month but around 2160 hours a year 253 hours of that are time and a half due to the days it lands on, a buck an hour more on night shift for shift diff, and double time and a half on holidays, any time you have to come in for training on an off day, a meeting or to cover a shift its automatic time and a half no matter how many hours you have for the week at the time, if you get called out you get a paid 4 hours time and a half for showing up plus however long you work for on top of that, its not a bad deal

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
when i tested at exxon there were 5000 people that tested half of them passed the test they only offered 250 interviews and they hired 50 from that

Lyondell was around 25-30 per test, three tests. So say just under 100 tested for 15+ slots.

Sounds favorable, especially to someone like me that's been going after LE for the last few years, whereupon it's 2,000 testing for one or two spots. :picard:

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
12's I work 14 days a month but around 2160 hours a year 253 hours of that are time and a half due to the days it lands on, a buck an hour more on night shift for shift diff, and double time and a half on holidays, any time you have to come in for training on an off day, a meeting or to cover a shift its automatic time and a half no matter how many hours you have for the week at the time, if you get called out you get a paid 4 hours time and a half for showing up plus however long you work for on top of that, its not a bad deal

STAAAHHHP.

My dick can only get so hard, dude. :noes:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Lyondell was around 25-30 per test, three tests. So say just under 100 tested for 15+ slots.

Sounds favorable, especially to someone like me that's been going after LE for the last few years, whereupon it's 2,000 testing for one or two spots. :picard:

wow yeah thats pretty good, when i tested for lyondell it was around 2500 people that tested

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I am a 150 operator. What do I need to do to sponsor you? I have never looked into it.
I know last year the hall flat out told my boss when he called for a couple of guys if he knew someone they would give them a permit.

Awesome, I'll look into what is all required. There is SOME info on the 150 website, but, not a ton. My friend Joe was going to talk with the operator on his crew today to see what the best avenue was, so, I'll shoot him a call and find out.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
And same boat here man. I've been slugging along with half shit jobs my whole life. I'd be stoked if the Lyondell thing works out, or something another TCG guy floated my resume to his boss for. I'm buying a house and have been trying to put together the cash for my (woman's!) Wedding for too Damn long... :rofl:

Good luck brotha!

And goodluck to [MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION]

stock-t-bird

THORNTON QUARRY
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2008
Thornton Quarry
just checkin in on the HVAC comments..great side-job field to get into.Always family/friend/neighbor looking for help..(which isn't good most of the time)..but we try to help out.

pro's & con's as expected with any job..layoffs/seasonal...etc

Been on the wholesale side of it for 25+ years...there is $$$ to be made.
good luck man :bigthumb:

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
I've been in 150 for just over ten years now. Money is good. Bennies are good too. It's a love hate relationship for me as I am a realist when it comes to the political side of union BS. But aside from that. I have no regrets. I guess I am one of the lucky ones as I work all year. I have been a well and geotechnical driller for 18 years with the same company. Last ten being in 150. All is good for me since I work all year.

Get your CDL. ( I use mine everyday )
Look into getting into a 40hour OSHA Hazmat certification ( renew every year there after )
Look into MSHA too ( work at the sand & gravel pits and rock quarries.)
I believe there is disaster training too.
Look into Three Rivers training and TWIC card if you have any interest at working at the local refineries or chemical plants.

I love my job as I get to play with big Tonka toys in big sandboxes everyday, hot, cold, rain, sun and snow. What's not to love about that.

Good luck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info