Any of you guys ever do an external crank pick up with a Vortec 350 ECU?

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Just trying to figure out how to get a 4X crank reluctor on my 383 so I can go to an 0411 box. I'm probably going to have someone cut me out a reluctor wheel or make my own, not altogether sure yet. Anyone ever do this? I'd love to do a 24X wheel eventually this way but I haven't even seen an inkling of that yet either. I do have a couple of L21 crank sensors floating around somewhere as well which are significantly shorter than a stock LS style one.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Does it need 4 "teeth", or does it need 4 plus a missing tooth? MSD crank triggers are 4 magnet/tooth and may work. They have both VR and Hall Effect sensors.

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
It looks like this, not sure what the pulse out is though.

ado-10190917_xl.jpg

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
didnt the later year 5.7 vortec's use a 0411 PCM?

Yep. I've decided that my Megasquirt Experience is kind of meh and I'd like to move on if possible. Parts of that are certainly my own fault but I've never felt like the ECU was capable of holding stable AFRs for some crazy reason. The last thing I really need to do to convince myself is get my injectors flowed and ensure my dead time looks good. I'm running decapped SVO 35s that flow at 55lb/hr (everything that's old is new again apparently) and I'm not exactly sure who'd have dead time specs for something like that. I'm kind of a skate and not really wanting to get new injectors but may end up doing it.

I am thinking I'd like to go to an 0411 and then I don't have to fuck around with it if/when the 80E goes in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Mr_Roboto
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list