any nissan guys?

pewterz55

Reaction score
I helped out my buddy who told me his car wouldn't start and it was sputtering, lights dimming, and radio going in and out while driving. So i checked all the conections(good). so i jumped it and took reading on the battery. showed the alternator was bad. took it to da zone and failed all 3 tests. New alternator and now radio wont work??? fuse is good under dash. As i look on the webz it seems many many people complaining about the battery/alternator problems with these cars (constantly replacing them but both keep burning out) but cant find the source of the problem. Anyone have any experience with this crap.

car is a 1999 nissan altima :eek:bama:

Stock LS

destitute hobo beggar
Reaction score
I work at nissan tomorrow i'll look into this. I personally have not seen this issue i normally see leaking windshields and trans dieing but i know someone that deals with a lot of electrically issues. I will see what he says about it and I will get back to ya.

OP
pewterz55

pewterz55

Reaction score
BTW the lights around the radio and radio buttons and everything are lit just no noise or display of what station or anything

Stock LS

destitute hobo beggar
Reaction score
aight were gonna look into it tomorrow morning I will let you know tomorrow

OP
pewterz55

pewterz55

Reaction score
I don't know if i clarified that the car is running again and is running fine, but for some reason the radio wont work.

Stock LS

destitute hobo beggar
Reaction score
actually come to think of it.. i remember some lady having this issue when we replaced the battery. Try resetting the radio. disconnect the battery for like 5-10 mins that resets it and try. nissans are weird when it comes to this kind of stuff

OP
pewterz55

pewterz55

Reaction score
yea the more im reading the more im seeing that if the battery died i may need some code from the dealership. the car isnt at my place ill have to check it out tomorrow

OP
pewterz55

pewterz55

Reaction score
i went there on my way to work today and pulled off both terminals for about 5-6 minutes (i was rushing) started car same thing. im going to have him pull them off for atleast 10 minutes tomorrow and see what happens

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom