• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Any LT1 OBDI tuners?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
What would you use for cam position sensor with megasquirt? Or crank position on 92-95? Only the 96/97 came with a crank sensor

OBD1 LT1s don't have Cam or Crank sensors. So you wouldn't do anything with that unless you wanted to convert to add them in.

Probably better answered on the megasquirt forums.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
The MSD 6al doesn't have retarding as far as I know. The ignition box everybody has been using last I knew was the Mallory 685.

You could always do the LTCC kit. It keeps the opti only for cam position sensor, but you use 8 individual LS coils. It has a built in 2 step as well as timing retard. It will be a lottle more money than just adding an ignition box, but you'll benefit from having a better ignition system, as well as the added feature of timing retard. It's a lot cheaper than the 24x kit that uses the LS pcm but a step in the right direction

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Have you looked at this guy?

LT1 PCM Tuning - Welcome!

Ok. So you need the $DA3 .xdf to be used w TunerPro RT. The PCM is a 9278.

You could also look at converting over to Dynamic EFI EBL flash. It will give you all the controls you need in addition to real time tuning, NOx and boost controls
You can read about it here.
EBL P4 Flash

That is Soloman, who I referenced in my first response

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info