Any local off-road trails?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
The McHenry park shut down, Cliffs is ATV only, so are there any places I could soft-road in the area or 1-2 hours away? Anyone have a muddy field I could use? :rofl: Going to be driving the new Forester Wilderness soon and it's deserving of some dirty work, even if just muddy two-tracks.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
There's a mild dirt and gravel road between the RR tracks and canal in Romeoville, near the Citgo plant. I've ridden my bikes down there a bunch of times without issue and haven't seen any "no trespassing" signs. If it's been wet, there are a bunch of muddy water areas, but I avoid it unless it's been dry. No hills, but some opportunity to take pictures "off road". There's some more areas along the canal further north and south of there if you're a bit more willing to ignore a couple signs and won't be hanging out for too long.

. Screenshot 2021-11-22 4.40.46 PM.pnghusky sand dunes canal.jpgHusky puddle reflection sun.jpgyami dirt road4.jpgyami dirt road3.jpgyami dirt road2.jpgYami dirt road.jpg

jvert

Go Bulls and Cubs
Jul 27, 2006

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
The McHenry park shut down, Cliffs is ATV only, so are there any places I could soft-road in the area or 1-2 hours away? Anyone have a muddy field I could use? :rofl: Going to be driving the new Forester Wilderness soon and it's deserving of some dirty work, even if just muddy two-tracks.
Paging DEEZUZ DEEZUZ and his personal trails

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info