• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Any LC-1 Users Outh There?

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
Any LC-1 Users Out There?

Wondering if anyone else is using the Innovate Lamda LC-1 cable?

My question is this did you leave the factory values set as they were or did you modify them in the software?

If you did modify them what did you change them to?

Are you using analog output 1 or 2?

I just hooked mine up and I like it alot, its a nice tool. It seems to work pretty good and delivers steady readings after warm up, I just want to make sure its delivering accurate readings.

Ideal A/F for our 32v engines is 12 so what are your readings at idle? Above 3000rpm? And WOT?

Thanks in advance

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
LOL....

Very cool device from Innovate Motorsports
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php

I'm using the LC-1, with a blue DB guage, and also wired it into my SCT dashscan for datalogging

Basically its a digital A/F meter that has both narrow band and wideband capabilities. It also has 3 sets of programmable outputs for guages, dataloggers, and PC that all can be run simultaneously

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Wondering if anyone else is using the Innovate Lamda LC-1 cable?

My question is this did you leave the factory values set as they were or did you modify them in the software?

If you did modify them what did you change them to?

Are you using analog output 1 or 2?

I just hooked mine up and I like it alot, its a nice tool. It seems to work pretty good and delivers steady readings after warm up, I just want to make sure its delivering accurate readings.

Ideal A/F for our 32v engines is 12 so what are your readings at idle? Above 3000rpm? And WOT?

Thanks in advance

You will want to leave the formula alone for the output used with the DB-1 gauge. In fact, the gauge actually has instructions that tells you what the analog output should be programmed to when using with DB-1. The other analog output that you are using for datalogging can be modified to your hearts content. For instance you can select a wide AFR vs output voltage range when initially dialing the WOT AFR's in so you have more range in which to monitor WOT AFR's. But when you have your WOT AFR's mostly dialed in and you want to tune them to look like tabletops then you would go in and reprogram the LC-1 analog output to output its 0-5v range over say an AFR range of 11.0 - 13.0 if you are targeting 12.0. This will obviously reduce range but greatly increase logged AFR resolution. Just remember that you will have to change your formula in the SCT Livewire and Livelink software to compensate for this. But then again, if you are really using the LC-1 to datalog your WOT AFR's for tuning purposes then you should have already logged your ground offsets and compensated for them in your formula. This means that you will already have a bit of an idea on how to modify the formula that you input into the datalogger. The LC-1 and LM-1 instructions go into the details of programming the wideband and also building the accompanying formulas as well.

As for what AFR readings you should be seeing? Your Idle and Part throttle closed-loop AFR's should hover right around 14.64:1 AFR or 1.0 Lambda for Gasoline. Once you go WOT and transition into open-loop then your AFR's will settle down into the high 11 to low 12 range depending on what AFR your tuner is seeking. It is hard to say that you should be at X or Y AFR at a given RPM because RPM is only one of a few things (throttle position is another) that determines when the car is WOT and thus should be commanding open-loop AFR's. When you are datalogging your car you can determine when the PCM considers the car to be in open-loop by datalogging the open-loop flag or just looking at your STFT (short term fuel trims) and when they zero out then the PCM has transitioned into open-loop.

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
Thats what i was looking for.

Yes, I did use the correct output (output#2) for the DB-1 guage and it works fine, I went into Log Works and tweaked the output (output#1) that feeds my Dashscan. The values are spot on, so I've been playing with logworks to get familiar with it. Right now all 3 devices are within a .10 of each other for reaction time and data

My readings @ idle and cruising are 14.4~14.7, I logged my WOT yesterday and got 13.0 on the first run and 13.5 for the second. I can go into my SCT tune and tweak my WOT A/F ratio to get it closer to 12

All in all this is a VERY nice tool to have. I read alot about the grounding offsets and built a custom ground block that has a 1/8" thick copper ground bar, a terminator strip, #10AWG stranded cable going directly to the engine block using a soldered on copper lug, and every connection is soldered.

I did'nt have to troubleshoot anything!

Thanks for your detailed response,

Travis

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I had one once and threw it in the trash....literally.
The most user unfriendly device ever!

They sure as heck may not be the most user friendly but all it takes is a bit of patience and reading the directions to get it right. Still, I feel there are better WB's out there but they also cost more too. LC-1 is a decent barebones cheap WB.

The biggest issue with the LC-1 is getting the grounds right.

Mine worked 100% right out of the box, but I went overboard with the grounds to avoid offset issues

I would not really consider ground offsets as being an issue. It takes all of 5 minutes to log for voltage, see what the offset is, and then reprogram the WB for typical use, modify your datalogging formula and input it into your datalogger. By the directions it seems like a much bigger process than it really is.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Hey Rocket, are you ever in the Jackson area?

We gotta meet one day. I live in Byram, MS

I am almost never in Jackson unless I am passing through on a road trip up to the Chicago area. I usually stay on the coast. But if you happen to be down there in the next few weeks then let me know. I will be moving back to the Chicago area pretty soon after.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info