Any interest in the Wintercross autocross events at Road America? Sat Feb 4 or Sat Mar 4

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I'm toying with the idea of going up there for the Feb 4 or Mar 4 event, but wanted to see if anyone here would want to head up there also. A reasonable $100 per event day. Different classes for FWD, RWD, and AWD. Regular or snow tires (no studded tires allowed though). Teslas took the top 3 spots a couple weeks ago.

I would either drive up early Sat morning, or get a hotel there Fri night if there's any interest in sharing a room with 2 beds in nearby Sheboygan. If I do some work visits around the area on Friday, I can have my work pay for the hotel room that night so that'd be free.

Not much snow cover there right now, and not much snow predicted, so track surface may be mostly pavement. Except for the picture of the Focus RS, the below pictures are from the last event and show the racing line to be nearly all clear. I'm not sure if I would use my winter tires (already on the car). Or not be lazy and also bring my allseason Nokians that are mounted on my other wheels and swap out if the track is clear.

Details and registration info:

focus rs wintercross.jpg
911 wintercross.jpg
gti wintercross.jpg
c5 winter.jpg

Screenshot 2023-01-24 10.02.13 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-24 9.37.38 AM.png

Reactions: Yaj Yak
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Dan00Hawk
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list