đź’¦ Detailing Any good hand polishes/glazes?

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Hey guys,

Shortly after I got my GTI a couple months ago I gave it a real good detail, but just the basics. Foam/hand wash with Dawn, clay bar, Meguiars Ultimate Polish (hand applied), Chemical Guys EZ crème glaze (hand applied), topped with Chemical Guys Cherry Wet wax.

The car is Tornado Red and looked nice when done. The color is super bright, but there's some swirls that need to be addressed. Nothing major, but just swirls from the previous owner washing most likely. I thought the polish and glaze would have done a better job at knocking the swirls down, but they barely made any difference. I'd really like to get the paint an actual correction, but until then, any products you guys recommend trying? I'd like to get another coat of wax on before the salt hits the roads...oh, and I have to work outside so something I can use in the sun/current weather temps.

I wasn't too impressed with the Cherry Wet wax, either. I have a can of Meguiars Gold Class carnauba Plus paste that I may throw on for now. Works well on my bike, unless there's something you recommend.

Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Aron
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list