Any Glock 19 owners here?

b00sted

He's Still Your President
Reaction score
I was considering selling my 5" XD45 and buying a 9mm in a slightly more compact size. The G19 seems to have a huge following. Anyone here own one?

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Have a 19X, sold the 19 to my buddy.... Won both in a webinar on DLD.

I know it’s a “cop out” but it shoots like a Glock. If you like Glocks you’ll likely enjoy a G19.

Going tomorrow to put my “G34 build” (no actual Glock parts in it but their magazines) through its first rounds and see how that does. Might rent a 43X or 48 to try out their newest ones.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
It's a nice piece

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
It's a nice piece
We’re both a ton of help...

“Shoots like a Glock”

“Nice piece”

:bowrofl:

The only gripe I have with Glocks is I’m not a fan of their rear sights with the big U in white for the rear sight, but I always use Trijicon HDs in Orange so they get changed anyway.

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
Youtube G19 vs M&P 2.0 Compact. If you like your XD the M&P will feel more natural. They come in 4” and 3.6” barrel sizes too.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I have and shoot a lot of different hand guns, I have a gen 4 Glock 19 it shoots very well it’s going to be basically the same thing as your xd just in a different package, I’m not going to say it’s any better or worse, if you want something compact but in that size range the new g48 is a single stack version of the 19 I just got one and it’s pretty nice for a large size concealable gun, also cheaper than a g19, if you can swing it pick up the Glock and keep the xd and sell whatever one you don’t like or keep both that’s normally how I roll lol

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
I don't have a G19 but I do have a 5" XD .45 and an SD9VE which is basically the same size. I bet you'll love carrying the Glock a lot better I like my XD but it's a tank. You must be pretty hard core if you're concealing it and not open carrying it.

Outlaw

Reaction score
I own one. Does what a Glock should. I probably haven't put a round through it in over a year, it's not a gun I take to the range jonesing to shoot. Pretty much have it as a "shit might get hairy" carry gun if I want more than the 8rds my shield holds.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
As with everything, you’re going to get different answers from everyone which is better, your best bet is shoot one and see if you like it and shoot well with it.

I shot a Glock better than the M&P, Beretta Nano, and the Springfield so I went with my G26....

03GTGreen

Cobra Brigade Presidente
Reaction score
Have Gen 5 19 with tti 3.5 connector kit.

My old man has numerous Xds and sigs and the gen 5 with the tti kit has a better trigger pull then all of them

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Reaction score
Have a gen4 19. Probably my favorite pistol.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gen 4 G19 with Ghost 3.5# connector and smooth face trigger out of a G17. It’s what I shoot best of any handgun I’ve shot. Looking at a 43X next. My biggest gripe with Glock is where the grip meets the trigger guard. I got Glock knuckle today in CCW class just handling the G17 dummy gun. I took a dremel sanding and polishing wheel and at home gun smith undercut mine and it’s much better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom