🏡 Better Homes Any exterior lighting experts in here?

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
We just ordered some landscaping and palm trees that I'd like to light up. The landscaping company quoted me at $550 for the transformer and roughly $200/light. I understand those amounts included labor.

I'd like to hear anyone's experience with transformers (installing them and their functionalities) as well as what kind of lights and wiring people have used to run to them.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Super simple to do (especially if you take your time)...

id buy from here and be done with it..

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I’ll have to try and grab a new picture but I did this last fall for a few hundred bucks. I did change the lights by the wall and it looks more even instead of just spots lit up.
06DDC798-7E95-49A1-BF2D-D50A6DB7FCE2.jpeg
I went cheap with buying stuff from Amazon but everything is still working and it has been a non issue. I bought a transformer from harbor freight, some in ground spotlights for light up my retaining wall and up lighting by my front window. Also, added some path way lights by my sidewalk to the front door and near the retaining wall.
It’s super easy if you plan out what you want and where your going to place the lights. That really is the hardest part and makes or breaks the outcome of the project. Just run the wires in your landscape beds, cover with stones or mulch and make some water proof connections and your golden.

Reactions: BS ISF
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info