• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Any CTS-V owners on here?

DTB_LS1

REAL RACECARS HAVE THREE PEDALS
Sep 18, 2009
Ottawa, IL
Just checking to see if there are any CTS-V owners on TCG. I recently purchased a 2011 V Sedan, and I want to figure out a game plan as far as mods go. I plan to do mods in stages so I don't break the bank, and would like to make 650-700rwhp when I'm finished. So if there are any V owners out there who would like to share some info or personal experiences I'd really appreciate it.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Post some pics!

The stock blower can be safely spun to 23k. Plenty of guys spin them faster but its an "at your own risk" thing. Here's a chart to give you a good idea on blower speed with what combo of upper/lower pulley and how many lb's of boost you'll be around. Of course how much boost depends on other mods and what elevation. The very top is you stock pulley combo. Note that certain pulley combos call for different sized idlers as well. A 10.5" lower can be done but comes really close to the A/C lines. Stay away from metco pulleys, they just had a "bad batch" go out and are falling apart on people. The upper pulley neeeds to be pressed on so choose a reputable shop.

http://weaponxmotorsports.myshopify...able-pulley-combos-and-supporting-mods-needed

Cam-the lingenfelter's seem to cause lifter failure a lot. The ramps are too aggressive. If you want 100% oem drivability they've been using the ls9 cam. But if you're in there doing a cam, might as well get one that has the same manners but 30 or so more hp than the ls9. The only 2 choices I'd make are one of the Brian Tooley Racing (BTR) cams, or an lt1z cam. Both ground on lifter friendly lobes.

The track attack intercooller seems to be really popular too, you can find that on weaponxmotorsports link I privided. That and a norcal box.

Check/change your rear diff fluid if you haven't. Lots of people having whining rear diffs. If its under warranty the dealership will swap no prob. There was a tsb issued to add some additive to the rear diff.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Anotger thing, at 600+ rwhp you either get rid of your cars or get high flows or eventually you blow them out. Kooks is a great choice for fitment and 02 bung placement. The stainless works fit terrible and I've read that the American racing headers have the bung in a bad spot.

A popular pulley combo with can, headers is a 9.55/2.5 combo. Remember that mods to help it breathe will lower boost levels.

Cai- new era or airaid.

E85 is good for 50+ hp. A guy in St. Louis makes a flex fuel kit for our cars. Google dstek. Basically ANY combo of 93 and e85 can be mixed in your tank and his kit will read it and tell the computer to accommodate the mix.

DTB_LS1

REAL RACECARS HAVE THREE PEDALS
Sep 18, 2009
Ottawa, IL
Thanks man! I've been looking into the dsx flex fuel conversion. I drove Tom's V at Speed Inc before I purchased mine. He also has the conversion done. I've already ordered an Airaid cai, and I'll pick up my first round of mods over the winter and probably install them next spring. I think my first round of mods will go something like this.

CAI- Airaid (Already purchased)
Upper pulley- Probably a 2.55 not sure what brand though
Injectors- ID850s
HX- Weapon X Track Attack
HX Pump- Not sure what brand
Tune- Jim@Speedinc
Hoping the first round of mods will put me around the 540-560rwhp mark.

Here's a few pics.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Post some pics!

The stock blower can be safely spun to 23k. Plenty of guys spin them faster but its an "at your own risk" thing. Here's a chart to give you a good idea on blower speed with what combo of upper/lower pulley and how many lb's of boost you'll be around. Of course how much boost depends on other mods and what elevation. The very top is you stock pulley combo. Note that certain pulley combos call for different sized idlers as well. A 10.5" lower can be done but comes really close to the A/C lines. Stay away from metco pulleys, they just had a "bad batch" go out and are falling apart on people. The upper pulley neeeds to be pressed on so choose a reputable shop.

weapon X motorsports — LSA Available Pulley Combos and Supporting Mods Needed

Cam-the lingenfelter's seem to cause lifter failure a lot. The ramps are too aggressive. If you want 100% oem drivability they've been using the ls9 cam. But if you're in there doing a cam, might as well get one that has the same manners but 30 or so more hp than the ls9. The only 2 choices I'd make are one of the Brian Tooley Racing (BTR) cams, or an lt1z cam. Both ground on lifter friendly lobes.

The track attack intercooller seems to be really popular too, you can find that on weaponxmotorsports link I privided. That and a norcal box.

Check/change your rear diff fluid if you haven't. Lots of people having whining rear diffs. If its under warranty the dealership will swap no prob. There was a tsb issued to add some additive to the rear diff.

I know Matt (Lt1z) We talk alot. Awesome dude who knows his fucking shit!

avmech

Regular
Aug 7, 2008
I had one, loved it. I still have the Metco lower crank pulley 9.5 a new set of plugs, new msd wires and the Metco idler pulley set sitting in my tool box. I did the d3 lowering springs, gave it a great ride and looked killer but if you do this you need to cut the bump stops so it doesent squeak.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info