• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Antifreeze/Oil question

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Hello all,

As you know I attempted to do the GenV swop install alone and I had leaks. My car was on total for about 10 minutes so I could fill the radiator. The car was not driven at all, just sat in the garage as I filled it with fluid. I know that the oil looked milky, kind of like Yoo-hoo. With this being said, do you think my bearings would be bad? Someone told me yesterday my entire motor might need to be replaced.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
So the car is at ZZP. They fixed my ic for the genV and the lower intake. They said they flushed it with oil. They let the car run for 30 mins and said it ran well. Tomorrow they plan to tune it for the new charger. I'm nervous about it. My coworker was the one who said I might have to replace the motor.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
The only thing I would care about is that the oil doesn't look milky any more after running. Since they know the oil had antifreeze in it, I am sure they took care to check for that and to flush it clean. If it was some random company I would be a little more nervous but ZZP definitely knows 3800s. If they feel confident the motor is safe to run, I am sure it is. You could talk to them about your concerns though and see what they think about the status of the oil since their was antifreeze in it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info