Antifreeze/Oil question

Xtant12

Reaction score
Hello all,

As you know I attempted to do the GenV swop install alone and I had leaks. My car was on total for about 10 minutes so I could fill the radiator. The car was not driven at all, just sat in the garage as I filled it with fluid. I know that the oil looked milky, kind of like Yoo-hoo. With this being said, do you think my bearings would be bad? Someone told me yesterday my entire motor might need to be replaced.

lastls1

Reaction score
No I would not think any damage was done, especially with only idling. This same type of issue happens to vehicles when oil coolers leak in radiators or head gaskets blow.

A serious flushing and cleaning is basically what it needs.

b4black

Reaction score
After changing the oil, I'd drive it easy until the engine and oil get up to operating temp. Any residual water in the system will evaporate out of the hot oil and be sucked thru the PCV system.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yup, like previously stated just flush it really good with oil and take it easy for a little bit.

Xtant12

Reaction score
So the car is at ZZP. They fixed my ic for the genV and the lower intake. They said they flushed it with oil. They let the car run for 30 mins and said it ran well. Tomorrow they plan to tune it for the new charger. I'm nervous about it. My coworker was the one who said I might have to replace the motor.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
The only thing I would care about is that the oil doesn't look milky any more after running. Since they know the oil had antifreeze in it, I am sure they took care to check for that and to flush it clean. If it was some random company I would be a little more nervous but ZZP definitely knows 3800s. If they feel confident the motor is safe to run, I am sure it is. You could talk to them about your concerns though and see what they think about the status of the oil since their was antifreeze in it.

Xtant12

Reaction score
Yeah I trust them. So far they have always took care of me. Once I heard that my motor could be bad I started freaking out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom