Another new 737 goes down

Dave M

Reaction score
One is an accident, two is a trend... Both happened at low altitude and speed, right after takeoff. I suspect this latest one will also have something to do with a faulty AoA sensor and an overaggressive autopilot.

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
Boeing stock was down 12% when I looked about 15 minutes ago. China is grounding all 737 Max 8s.

Southwest Airlines stock took a hit this morning also, since they are a large Boeing customer and have a handful of Max 8s.

Dave M

Reaction score
Boeing stock was down 12% when I looked about 15 minutes ago. China is grounding all 737 Max 8s.

Southwest Airlines stock took a hit this morning also, since they are a large Boeing customer and have a handful of Max 8s.
I flew on a 2 week old MAX 8 last spring... thank the baby hayzeus I made it back.

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
This morning I was reading about 2 guys who missed their flight and avoided the crash. One guy had a connecting flight that was delayed earlier and it sounds like the other guy just didn't get to the airport early enough. Both of them were detained and questioned by police, then released. I can't even imagine how those two feel.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
This morning I was reading about 2 guys who missed their flight and avoided the crash. One guy had a connecting flight that was delayed earlier and it sounds like the other guy just didn't get to the airport early enough. Both of them were detained and questioned by police, then released. I can't even imagine how those two feel.
Survivors guilt is a real thing. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

IZZy

Powered by ES
Reaction score
I really feel they need to ground these max’s Until they figure out wtf is happening.

I was already avoiding flying southwest because of the recent issues with maintenance they’ve had and a bad experience I had the last time with a gate employee shit now I wouldn’t fly southwest if they paid me

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
To all the victims, RIP
Prayers to their friends and family

What a mess for Boeing, Southwest, the air line industry... Etc

From the Ethiopian crash pics, looks like the thing did a nose dive straight into the ground.
Yikes

Blownbyyou

Donating Member
Reaction score
Boeing stock should be tanking right about now......

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Reading the "options" were also for things like extra fire extinguishers because the amount the planes come with will likely not be enough for any fires that can spread....

How the hell is a fire extinguisher an option? :doh:

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
For about 3 years from 2013 to 2016, Boeing was trading at around the $130 mark, then over the next year and a half, it tripled in value...

What the hell contract did they get that would merit that increase? I have to think that's not all due to the general market increases during that time...

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
For about 3 years from 2013 to 2016, Boeing was trading at around the $130 mark, then over the next year and a half, it tripled in value...

What the hell contract did they get that would merit that increase? I have to think that's not all due to the general market increases during that time...
Trump effect on the market and Boeing has had massive net income growth. ~50% growth in 2017 and they doubled between 2016 and 2018. They've had outstanding performance over the last couple years....it merits the price.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Another place I keep looking for a job at but they never have anything.

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
Boeing stock should be tanking right about now......
Now is the time to buy. Seriously. With the 797 on the horizon and the acquisition of Embraer, it will make you some money.

radioguy6

Reaction score
Reading the "options" were also for things like extra fire extinguishers because the amount the planes come with will likely not be enough for any fires that can spread....

How the hell is a fire extinguisher an option? :doh:
:bowrofl: total comes to $100 million for your plane, the fire extinguisher package is gonna be extra, sorry.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Well, had they grouped it in an RPO or PEP package with power windows, sunroof and upgraded sound system, Someone would've bitched because they just wanted the fire extinguisher and were perfectly fine with crank windows, no sunroof and an AM radio. :D

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Now is the time to buy. Seriously. With the 797 on the horizon and the acquisition of Embraer, it will make you some money.
Yeah, they've gotten a ton of military contracts as of late, and they are boosting production of their air freight planes because of high demand and little to no competition. They have the 777X around the corner too, and I can't imagine the 737 issues they are having now, are going to impact them TOO much, but it is their volume seller, and Airbus has a strong presence in that market.

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
Yeah, they've gotten a ton of military contracts as of late, and they are boosting production of their air freight planes because of high demand and little to no competition. They have the 777X around the corner too, and I can't imagine the 737 issues they are having now, are going to impact them TOO much, but it is their volume seller, and Airbus has a strong presence in that market.
It's going to take some time to shake the stigma of the MAX being unsafe but their back log is insane. By the time they deliver those planes, this will be forgotten. If anything it will force them to develop the clean slate 737 replacement right after the 797. They have pushed the 1960's design as far as they can.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
My Brother just text this

One of my partners buddies teaches a flight simulator class. He said it's more operator error than anything. He said he's had 3 dudes from Ethiopian airlines in his class. They literally ride to work on a goat and then hop in the cockpit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom