• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Another FR thread

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I got shipped to me a '97 and '04 rail to hack-up and bastardize. The '04 rail has a larger barrel to draw from, but there is no regulator on the '04, so mucho modding must be done. I'll be using the regulator assy from the '97 rail and brazing it on to the '04 rail. I'm trying to get this to look factory, but I may have it chromed when I'm done anyway. Here's a mock up...

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Where is the regulator on the 04' or is it returnless?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by Mike K@Aug 10 2004, 02:06 PM
Where is the regulator on the 04' or is it returnless?
On the '04, it's in the fuel tank and is not boost referenced. Fuel pressure is set at 60psi. The '04 guys run out of injector on 3.25 pulleys, or 3.4's w/rockers. Mike if you want to get '04 business you should offer some fuel solutions for those guys, maybe a FMU or something. There is a good thread going on right now in the '04 section of ClubGP if your interested. here's an '04 rail...

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Wow, that's a silly design especially considering that everything else is improved.

Edit: Ron am I missing the return line in that picture or is this indeed a returnless system?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Nope, not missing it; it's not there! The return is at the fuel filter on the '04s. Funny that they improved so much else with the car, and put a remedial fuel sytem on it. Guess they never heard of vapor lock...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by iliveonnitro@Aug 10 2004, 10:14 PM
So how's my TB doing? :)
All I have left before it goes into the machine shop is the Maf insert, it's all ported and polished already. Worked on it all day Sunday, along with Dole's. The shaft is all trimmed down, there's prolly 3-4 hours alone in hand sanding on it. Plus, I drilled and tapped the PCV, so you can plug it if you want, and drilled/tapped the extra boss at the outlet to 1/8 ntp, for a nitrous port.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom