Another case of losing interest in the hobby?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
This is why my car has been for sale for 2 seasons now. Just losing time and interest.

One could argue that since it has been for sale for two years that it is priced too high on purpose because you don't really want to sell it. :shrug: :D

I still love to drive my car, I don’t use it a ton 7-8000 miles a year a hand full of track visits take the kids out to eat on sundays, Im basically content with how it performs, it’s not the fastest but it’s a fun way to get to work in the summer

I am done trying to have the quickest thing on the road. I am all about maximizing the amount of time enjoying the car. With our weather that is a short amount of time as it is. Spending all the time and money that we put into these cars to have it sit in a garage isn't worth it to me. At least for a toy. Having cars sit as an "investment" is a different story altogether.

I just love it get in and drive. The less work I have to do to it the better. AS it just cuts into driving time. It's almost therapeutic for me to be able to jump in and drive aimlessly. Then throw in a little shenanigans and I'm a happy person. My priorities have changed with my cars, but the enjoyment never has. Then there is the social aspect of the car hobby that is important to e as well.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Also, drink less & drive more. haha
NO!
One could argue that since it has been for sale for two years that it is priced too high on purpose because you don't really want to sell it. :shrug: :D
I think that car is priced fairly well. If I was in the market for a C6, that would be hard to pass up.
Having cars sit as an "investment" is a different story altogether.

You need to post some pics of your investment cars!
Then there is the social aspect of the car hobby that is important to e as well.
Are you talking ex gf's here or the comradery? The car groups on Facefuck are total shit. Biker groups even worse. HD guys are complete dildos so caught up in whos a real biker and whos a poser...its hilarious. The 11+ Mustang groups is mostly S197 guys still mad they cant afford the newer S550. "Mah tail lights are the best"...."Da s550 is a Fuzion"...lol

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
NO!

I think that car is priced fairly well. If I was in the market for a C6, that would be hard to pass up.

You need to post some pics of your investment cars!

Are you talking ex gf's here or the comradery? The car groups on Facefuck are total shit. Biker groups even worse. HD guys are complete dildos so caught up in whos a real biker and whos a poser...its hilarious. The 11+ Mustang groups is mostly S197 guys still mad they cant afford the newer S550. "Mah tail lights are the best"...."Da s550 is a Fuzion"...lol

If the Vette was priced right it would have sold. If ANY car is for sale for 2 years and doesn't sell, it is priced higher than anyone is willing to pay at that time. I'm not saying the car isn't a great car. Just saying there is a reason it hasn't sold. That is the price. If he wants to get top dollar and can afford to wait for the right buyer, then that is fine. I think he really doesn't want to sell it. "Honey, it is for sale. I swear." hahahaha

I only end up on FB when I get tagged in something. It is pretty trash nowadays. The car groups and just ridiculous. I have never been a fan of them and they have just gotten worse. I bet most groups are the same way. Most of the people I talk to and hang out with are by car buddies. Just about the only thing left that will get people out to do things. Otherwise, work and family sucks all their time up.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The car groups are AWFUL. Even the VW group on, while not nearly as bad as say ICE, is just nothing but the same 3 topics over and over and over.

Hell, our own FB group is more or less shit. I've basically started only using our Page and ignoring the group :hs:

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Forums ftw
Forums are so much better especially for the tech! I wouldn't even ask a tech question on Facefuck on 99% of groups. Most will just reply "part out"
If the Vette was priced right it would have sold. If ANY car is for sale for 2 years and doesn't sell, it is priced higher than anyone is willing to pay at that time. I'm not saying the car isn't a great car. Just saying there is a reason it hasn't sold. That is the price. If he wants to get top dollar and can afford to wait for the right buyer, then that is fine. I think he really doesn't want to sell it. "Honey, it is for sale. I swear." hahahaha
Just went and looked at his price and man, is it really that high for the market? Car has very low miles and tasteful mods. Are C6 prices in the shitter that bad?

I've seen a lot of other cars on here for sale that the pricing made me lol. One was a GTO and the other that rebuilt title G8 GXP.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The FB groups suck as besides the stupid comments you have no organization or way to search for things easily. Structure > ADD culture.

I have zero clue about the C6 market & prices. Just saying that a car for sale for two years isn't selling for a reason. I don't think in this case it is the mileage, mods done, condition, or anything like that. The car look pretty sweet to me from what I remember.

And ya, you can always find cars that the owner WAY overvalue their cars. Those are always good for a laugh. Craigslist gonna Craigslist. haha

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
My interest in taking my car to the track has severely diminished. I don't know I ever will..at least not in the near future. Plus I feel like I'd end up breaking something expensive. We just spent a lot of money on a patio and we have another kid on the way. I'm fine with just enjoying the power I have on the road. At most, maybe some suspension stuff to help me get some more traction down low on the streets.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
10sec...I think it's part of getting older. I'd get rid of my GTP, but won't get anything for it. I've only driven it in the last 2 years to take it for emissions. :hsugh: I started losing interest some 5ish years ago once I passed 40.

Anyway, I may have an 05 Saab 9-3 2.0T Aero with 144K for sale in a few weeks. It will come with a set of snow tires.

Attachments

• 2005Saab9-3.jpg
    2005Saab9-3.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 157

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
10sec...I think it's part of getting older. I'd get rid of my GTP, but won't get anything for it. I've only driven it in the last 2 years to take it for emissions. :hsugh: I started losing interest some 5ish years ago once I passed 40.

Anyway, I may have an 05 Saab 9-3 2.0T Aero with 144K for sale in a few weeks. It will come with a set of snow tires.

[MENTION=5706]willsmysticcobra[/MENTION]

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
The car groups are full of stupid fuckin' questions that could be found by the person asking in 2min with a simple google search. I seriously wish someone would nuke FB.

If you call someone out for asking a question that could have been answered in seconds by Google, then you get attacked with responses like "bro he's new to the hobby we need to help all car enthusiasts!"

Facebook sucks. I miss when forums had more traffic. The content and discussion in Facebook groups is garbage.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
I've definitely lost quite a bit of interest in both cars and detailing cars.

Life happens, people get busy and focus on other things.

Part of the reason I lose interest in the car scene is because of other's that ruin it in a way.

Another is, well, it gets expensive to participate in the hobby. RAcetracks are purposely making it so expensive and so are car part manufacturers.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I think fecesbook sucks simply because of the interface/layout. Which is why I am dumbfounded why people prefer it to a forum. Forums are sooo much better for following in a thread and the tools (such as being able to qoute someone) to keep it legible and flowing.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
The feedback I always hear about forums is that they are too difficult to use. Young people are too dumb to figure out how to upload and embed pics or videos to a forum. Facebook makes it easy for people to post a picture of their car to see how much attention they can get. It's all about attention and validation, rather than having meaningful discussion. I've learned tons from reading forums over the years. I can't say I've had that same experience on Facebook.

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
You just gotta find fhat car that puts the spark back in you

I find the older you get the less you care about modding and voiding warrantys and there are plenty of fast cars out there where you dont have to worry about doing either

+1 .that's the issue with many guys lately . They get sucked into these long modding projects , car gets finished after 2-3 years and sold right away

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Update, I bought something. The ENTIRE feeling of being MEH about buying something completely disappeared when I bought the car I have, and drove it home. I have worked MAYBE 2 Sundays in my 12yr career where I'm at, and ironically have to work tomorrow. I can say with more enthusiasm than I ever have...…. ever, I am excited to drive to work tomorrow! I normally will ride my bike, but F that, I gotta have some more seat time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info