IMG_1205.jpeg

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
And done!

Saturday we went to my sister in laws house and they’re on a lake. My girls wanted to fish. Rods were flopping all over. I made a mockup before this out of 1/2” pvc which was way too floppy.

I used 3/4” aluminum square tubing, rivets to hold it together. Total cost was about $40, but most of that was the square tubing. The spring loaded clips were $6, which I added shrink tubing for cushion. The pvc tube clamps were like $2. I lined them with self adhesive Velcro strips to minimalize rattling.

Used factory mounting points so I didn’t have to hack anything up

IMG_1220.jpeg

IMG_1219.jpeg

IMG_1218.jpeg

IMG_1221.jpeg

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
So, did some stereo upgrades. Running 150w to front, 250 to rear, and 500 to sub. It’s stupid loud…but mostly going for clarity. Single 12” I have is still musical and not slow and boomy. Keeping with the cheap theme I picked up another amp cheap ($25) that was “broken”. It simply needed the ground connection resoldered to board. Amp is advertised as 2000w, but I doubt it’s more than 1000w, and I’m running the gains way low to keep it cool. Everything is hidden out of sight, so no pictures.

I did mount my top Lightbar again. It’s been on and off the car several times because it really kills mileage on the highway. I had it mounted on a crossbar; which made it sit too high. Then made a bracket and mounted it low above the windscreen…that looked cool, but really killed mileage and lit up my hood when it was on.

Latest version is low, right behind the sunroof. I made a custom crossbar and bracket. Hopefully is a bit better for highway use.

IMG_1704.jpeg

IMG_1705.jpeg

IMG_1703.jpeg

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
So, did some stereo upgrades. Running 150w to front, 250 to rear, and 500 to sub. It’s stupid loud…but mostly going for clarity. Single 12” I have is still musical and not slow and boomy. Keeping with the cheap theme I picked up another amp cheap ($25) that was “broken”. It simply needed the ground connection resoldered to board. Amp is advertised as 2000w, but I doubt it’s more than 1000w, and I’m running the gains way low to keep it cool. Everything is hidden out of sight, so no pictures.

I did mount my top Lightbar again. It’s been on and off the car several times because it really kills mileage on the highway. I had it mounted on a crossbar; which made it sit too high. Then made a bracket and mounted it low above the windscreen…that looked cool, but really killed mileage and lit up my hood when it was on.

Latest version is low, right behind the sunroof. I made a custom crossbar and bracket. Hopefully is a bit better for highway use.

View attachment 178096

View attachment 178097

View attachment 178098
I would prefer to see you building out your 600HP E61!!!. But I suppose this will do for now. ;)

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Like I know…was trying to get one of my boys to buy an old w-body so I could mess with it. If I brought home another project car my wife would cut my balls off. I do a lot of other projects I don’t post about that keep me very busy. Mostly flipping broken shit I buy and sell (and sometimes keep)

Currently hot rodding a 20 year old set of KRK v8’s. Bigger transformers, burr brown ic’s, improved filter network, and recapping

IMG_1511.jpeg

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

Thread Info