3800 Annoying raspy exhaust...help!?!

• Thread starter imported_GraFFix
  • Start date
I

imported_GraFFix

I have a custom exhaust that IMO was one of the best sounding exhausts ive heard on a GP..and im not just saying it cause its my car, I have been told this by other GP owners as well, anyways. I had Stock manifolds, a Custom 3" DP, 3" straight to the Y (no CAT) then 2.5" Y to Dynomax Ultraflos. had a great low rumble..even at WOT.

Now the problem...

I added TOG's and now the sound is terrible...raspy and ricey sounding especially whenever im over 3000rpm.

What i was wondering is...is there anyone else that has gone through this..and if so what did you do to tone down the nasty sound? Basically i have a few options i was thinking about, let me know what you think.

Add a hiflo CAT - If so which one?
Add a resonator - If so which one?
Add a glasspack - If so which one?
change the 3" straight pipe and replace with a 2.5" (i believe the 3" is hurting my performance anyways)

What would you recommend? Thanks in advance!

00 GTP Debadged

Regular
Dec 27, 2008
I did... When I added the S&S headers, it sounded like crap (no res or cat) and 2.5 to the stock Y... I ended up putting a 29 inch cherry bomb in as a resonator. Sounds much better. Now as for flow, I have heard that the cherry bomb is not the best. I don't know if it is true or not. My 1/4 time didn't seem to suffer any. Hopefully, someone will chime in on some better glasspack type muffs you can use as a resonator. I have some sound clips of it, if you would like to hear it.

Randy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list