• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Annoying raspy exhaust...help!?!

• Thread starter imported_GraFFix
  • Start date
I

imported_GraFFix

I have a custom exhaust that IMO was one of the best sounding exhausts ive heard on a GP..and im not just saying it cause its my car, I have been told this by other GP owners as well, anyways. I had Stock manifolds, a Custom 3" DP, 3" straight to the Y (no CAT) then 2.5" Y to Dynomax Ultraflos. had a great low rumble..even at WOT.

Now the problem...

I added TOG's and now the sound is terrible...raspy and ricey sounding especially whenever im over 3000rpm.

What i was wondering is...is there anyone else that has gone through this..and if so what did you do to tone down the nasty sound? Basically i have a few options i was thinking about, let me know what you think.

Add a hiflo CAT - If so which one?
Add a resonator - If so which one?
Add a glasspack - If so which one?
change the 3" straight pipe and replace with a 2.5" (i believe the 3" is hurting my performance anyways)

What would you recommend? Thanks in advance!

00 GTP Debadged

Reaction score
I did... When I added the S&S headers, it sounded like crap (no res or cat) and 2.5 to the stock Y... I ended up putting a 29 inch cherry bomb in as a resonator. Sounds much better. Now as for flow, I have heard that the cherry bomb is not the best. I don't know if it is true or not. My 1/4 time didn't seem to suffer any. Hopefully, someone will chime in on some better glasspack type muffs you can use as a resonator. I have some sound clips of it, if you would like to hear it.

Randy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom