đź’¦ Detailing Annnnnndd I'm Back!! PAF v2.0

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
What am I fricken Meguiers? Don't got them stacks yet!

SOOON!!!!

Current Ktraver:

181778673462.jpg

Future:

350_lift_tubes.jpg

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
For real, was talking to eagle about his truck, then realized it won't fit under the pop-up canopy I just bought so now we have to find a cloudy day or a place I can do it with some shade. It will be better once I have the truck setup and just leave everything in it. Loading and unloading is such a pain especially after detailing for several hours.

I got some new wicked 10,000 lumen led work lights I'm looking forward to testing out. Nothing is worse than trying to detail in weak lighting. basically lighting, shade, and weather are the biggest issues with mobile. Ill probably end up with a shop like halfway through the summer. lol

For real, lost daylight was my biggest hurdle last year, especially with no garage to use. I had to stick with doing full details on the weekend after the first couple ones after work where I ended up finishing things up in the dark with one of those flashlights you attach to the brim of a baseball hat :rofl:

Lemme come by and take one of dem work lights :pedobear:

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
For real, was talking to eagle about his truck, then realized it won't fit under the pop-up canopy I just bought so now we have to find a cloudy day or a place I can do it with some shade. It will be better once I have the truck setup and just leave everything in it. Loading and unloading is such a pain especially after detailing for several hours.

I got some new wicked 10,000 lumen led work lights I'm looking forward to testing out. Nothing is worse than trying to detail in weak lighting. basically lighting, shade, and weather are the biggest issues with mobile. Ill probably end up with a shop like halfway through the summer. lol
My garage has some pretty poor lighting and my car needs a detail... Just saying....

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

How much space would you need at said shop?
I'm trying to by my buddies used tire shop in Elgin. He was all for it until how serious he saw I was. Now he wants me to buy in, but I'm shooting for getting him out of the picture. I already thought about opening a bay for alarms/remote starts and small audio builds. Would be open to you having a detailing area if I can buy the shop.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
How much space would you need at said shop?
I'm trying to by my buddies used tire shop in Elgin. He was all for it until how serious he saw I was. Now he wants me to buy in, but I'm shooting for getting him out of the picture. I already thought about opening a bay for alarms/remote starts and small audio builds. Would be open to you having a detailing area if I can buy the shop.

Yeah, definitely something to look at. I just need a bay with decent drainage, water hookup and electric. I wouldn't really want a permanent spot right now, but something I could use and pay you something per use would be ideal. Shoot me a call or text and we can talk. 630-947-2090

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Yeah, definitely something to look at. I just need a bay with decent drainage, water hookup and electric. I wouldn't really want a permanent spot right now, but something I could use and pay you something per use would be ideal. Shoot me a call or text and we can talk. 630-947-2090
Sounds good, will be in touch when him and I discuss it more in depth.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I can tell immediately its a SquareSpace designed site (or mimicking it), did you make it yourself, or have a third party do it?

It looks good, but not to be overly-picky, I feel like the 'packages' could be offered up in a more attractive manner than a grid like that.

Visually so much is very smooth/modern, to have a sudden off-set Grid of your product offerings is a little Ugly compared to how nice everything else looks.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Overall it looks nice. I had three suggestions...

1. Post an article or two in the blog or remove it for now.
2. I'd remove the bottom navigation (red arrow stuff) in the footer. It looks out of place given the top navigation is pinned on the page.
3. You need more 3800 in the Gallery section. :s00ls:

ktraver97ss

Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
lolol I did not design that or it would look like a 5 year old did it. I started messing with WP and gave up and had my buddy Matt, Epic on here, do it for me.

Trying to get all the package info into anything without making you have to scroll up and down a ton was tricky. I think this keeps it clean and simple and I don't think it clashes with the rest of the theme. 2/10 elbows pointy

ktraver97ss

Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Overall it looks nice. I had three suggestions...

1. Post an article or two in the blog or remove it for now.
2. I'd remove the bottom navigation (red arrow stuff) in the footer. It looks out of place given the top navigation is pinned on the page.
3. You need more 3800 in the Gallery section. :s00ls:

1. Yeah I will be attempting to blog weekly.
2. Good call, now that you say that I agree. :bigthumb:
3. :james:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
lolol I did not design that or it would look like a 5 year old did it. I started messing with WP and gave up and had my buddy Matt, Epic on here, do it for me.

Trying to get all the package info into anything without making you have to scroll up and down a ton was tricky. I think this keeps it clean and simple and I don't think it clashes with the rest of the theme. 2/10 elbows pointy

It is clean/simple and doesn't clash, I was just spit-balling that I bet it could be done visually a bit better.

Ex: Look at how Chase displays their Credit Cards:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/home/?CELL=6TKV.

Or even their "Compare" screen:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credi..._ltg=chsecate_compare&RAF2=FH24R8&list=36,2,4

ktraver97ss

Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
You have a spot to do work in Roselle as well?

I was looking at one of the other forum Sponsors, but figure most of my friends would tell me to pound sand if I asked them to pick me up and drive me home from an hour away. :bowrofl:
Yes, I also do them at my home. I can also pickup and deliver the vehicle if that's easier. Hey, it sounds like we have the same friends too! Lol

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Congrats Kevin!
I've found that people love the convenience of mobile detailing. No more arranging drop off and pick ups.
I've done a few cars this year. I just wish I could get away from doing minivans and large SUVs only. If you ever need back up help feel free to give me a call. Good luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info