NEW RIDE Angus’ new family truckster - 2022 Wagoneer

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
He just chooses to live in streamwood for the heritage. He's got RNS.
I'd be living back in Humboldt Park or Logan Square if it was for the heritage.
I live in Streamwood because its cheap and I could give 2 fucks about school districts. Your kids will do just fine at any school if they apply themselves.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Someone should start a new FUCK FCA thread as we are clogging up Angus's thread
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation GIF by HBO Max

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Old thread bump…
Never have been able to fix the vibration issue we’ve had. 3 road force balances, 4 alignments, 2 oe Goodyears warrantied-out, 4 new conti tires at $1,700, 6 tire rotations, dealership said driveshafts were balanced, and still the vibration.

That and also…
Replaced; whole headliner (became separated), 2 windshields (wavy and bubble defects), 1 taillight assembly (blown seal), 3rd row seat covers (came apart at back seams), 2 driver’s heated seat elements (would turn off after 2 mins), tailgate latch assembly (wouldn’t power close/open), front brake rotors and pads (causing weird pinging noise when braking and turning), all 8 door hinge nuts (all became rusty), and a partridge in a pear tree.

There’s also been 6 interior trim parts that have had to be replaced as well due to dealership screwing them up so badly.

A ton of software updates as well as recalls/rapid responses on interior pillar trim, 3rd row seat buckles, torquing down sway bar bolts, inspection of air suspension component, rear hvac performance, and I’m missing some for sure…

We’ve taken our beatings hoping everything just gets resolved and we move on. For the items that do get resolved, it hasn’t been fun. The vibration not being resolved is our final straw now. We’re throwing in the towel. 20 months of ownership, 110-135 days in the shop, and going after lemon law-ing it finally.

We really do like the truck and will really struggle to pick its replacement if/when that time comes. I thought about getting a ‘24 model, but I don’t want to deal with an unproven, twin turbo engine from Stellantis, on top of the other problems. The 5.7 hemi in my ‘22 is the most reliable part in it!

Here’s to hoping FCA owns up….

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Old thread bump…
Never have been able to fix the vibration issue we’ve had. 3 road force balances, 4 alignments, 2 oe Goodyears warrantied-out, 4 new conti tires at $1,700, 6 tire rotations, dealership said driveshafts were balanced, and still the vibration.

That and also…
Replaced; whole headliner (became separated), 2 windshields (wavy and bubble defects), 1 taillight assembly (blown seal), 3rd row seat covers (came apart at back seams), 2 driver’s heated seat elements (would turn off after 2 mins), tailgate latch assembly (wouldn’t power close/open), front brake rotors and pads (causing weird pinging noise when braking and turning), all 8 door hinge nuts (all became rusty), and a partridge in a pear tree.

There’s also been 6 interior trim parts that have had to be replaced as well due to dealership screwing them up so badly.

A ton of software updates as well as recalls/rapid responses on interior pillar trim, 3rd row seat buckles, torquing down sway bar bolts, inspection of air suspension component, rear hvac performance, and I’m missing some for sure…

We’ve taken our beatings hoping everything just gets resolved and we move on. For the items that do get resolved, it hasn’t been fun. The vibration not being resolved is our final straw now. We’re throwing in the towel. 20 months of ownership, 110-135 days in the shop, and going after lemon law-ing it finally.

We really do like the truck and will really struggle to pick its replacement if/when that time comes. I thought about getting a ‘24 model, but I don’t want to deal with an unproven, twin turbo engine from Stellantis, on top of the other problems. The 5.7 hemi in my ‘22 is the most reliable part in it!

Here’s to hoping FCA owns up….
Sucks to hear. Outside of some annoying infotainment issues that usually get resolved with an update when I get an oil change. I really have no complaints. I did notice some paint peeling on rear bumper around a sensor. They told me where to take it to have the whole bumper repainted. I’ll wait until spring time if I still have it to have that addressed.

Driving wise, this has been the most comfortable SUV I’ve ever owned. Pulls my trailer/car with ease and she moves when I hammer down. If you’re going to go in a different direction. Take a look at the new Tahoe or Denali. I had a 2021 Tahoe Z71 and I wouldn’t hesitate to get another one.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Sucks to hear. Outside of some annoying infotainment issues that usually get resolved with an update when I get an oil change. I really have no complaints. I did notice some paint peeling on rear bumper around a sensor. They told me where to take it to have the whole bumper repainted. I’ll wait until spring time if I still have it to have that addressed.

Driving wise, this has been the most comfortable SUV I’ve ever owned. Pulls my trailer/car with ease and she moves when I hammer down. If you’re going to go in a different direction. Take a look at the new Tahoe or Denali. I had a 2021 Tahoe Z71 and I wouldn’t hesitate to get another one.
Yeah, a lot seem to have better luck. I have a build date of Feb ‘22 and looks like many things were corrected starting in March. I should have also known that when Wagoneer was sending out these fully loaded swag packages to early builds, it wasn’t a good thing that I got one.

The GM twins are on the list to look at. 👍

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
To lemon law it, don't you need to have the same issue 3 times within a year? I thought I remember reading that somewhere.
Each state varies, and there’s even the federal law on it as well. Spoke with a Lemon law attorney who looked over everything and says I have a case by sheer number of issues and days in repair. That plus the ongoing attempts to repair the vibration.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yeah, a lot seem to have better luck. I have a build date of Feb ‘22 and looks like many things were corrected starting in March. I should have also known that when Wagoneer was sending out these fully loaded swag packages to early builds, it wasn’t a good thing that I got one.

The GM twins are on the list to look at. 👍
Was about to post, time to come back to the market segment leader. There's a reason they own the full-size SUV market share.

Hugging Reaction GIF

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Meant earlier but yeah.
Loved the truck, the deal we got, financial deal, etc. that we just trudged on through getting each issue fixed as we could. I will give credit that Jeep did provide decent loaners (wagoneers or 3 row grand cherokees), interior and exterior washes, and filled my tank a good amount of times. Even complimentary extended my bumper to bumper warrant from 3yr, 36k miles to 5 years, unlimited miles. Small wins, all for a losing war, I guess.

Thread Info