Android Official Android Thread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I've kept my eye on this one.

If you bascially want a mirrorless DSLR in a phone, this is the one to get.

shit you quoted me and i thought you were gonna rip on my decision

:rofl:

i was chatting with sony support about this one but it seems too hardcore for me. the chat person thought so too.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Can't find a macro setting or anything. Completely fucking boomer when it comes to phone bullshit
Which phone do you currently have?

The g/f has a cheap Samsung A51 that's a good two years old that does shockingly good photos. It has a "normal" lens and a macro. She never uses the macro (cause tech is scary) and even the regular lens does great up close. Close being within 12" of the object.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
shit you quoted me and i thought you were gonna rip on my decision

:rofl:

i was chatting with sony support about this one but it seems too hardcore for me. the chat person thought so too.
Maybe that is the one.

Sony's are meh, but if you factor in their photo software and the fact they make their phones basically identical to their cameras and some of the DSLR accessories actually work with the phone, it makes up for the bloat that is on them

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

"Galaxy S21 5G and S21+ 5G have three rear cameras and one 10MP selfie camera. The rear cameras include one 64MP Telephoto Camera, one 12MP Wide-angle Camera and one 12MP Ultra Wide Camera."

But I'm not seeing where it states what the lenses minimum focus distance is.
Just saw this:
How to take "Macro" photos

Step 1: Select the Ultra Wide Lens (12MP)
Step 2: Point to subject (10cm-30cm)
Step 3: Allows the Focus Enhancer to do its job

Then, CLICK the Shutter Button for detailed Close-Up Photos.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
The 6 is just a fucking bust of a piece of hardware IMO. Shit reception, meh fingerprint reader, no face unlock , no sd card slot, no headphone jack.
The 6 has a 6.4" screen, the s20+ has a 6.7" screen, yet the S20+ is barely bigger. That made the 6pro retarded in size for me and is even bigger then than s20+ with the same 6.7" size screen. I think the S20+ is huge already

and the Pixel 6 series are top heavy unbalanced phones too. So I would have to pay basically nothing to switch to one and possibly deal with that crap.

1665072465599.png

Thread Info