Android Official Android Thread

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
Ok guys, I have had my S6 for way too long and have to buy a new phone. I have always had Samsung so think i will stay but which one would you reccomend? Was told to stay away from 5G but have no clue.

S10
S10+
S10 note

I will be using this for work and personal.
Social media & Forums
Emails and quoting
Take pics and vids
Needs to have quality battery life

Due to it being so long since I looked for a phone I have no clue what is best.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Ok guys, I have had my S6 for way too long and have to buy a new phone. I have always had Samsung so think i will stay but which one would you reccomend? Was told to stay away from 5G but have no clue.

S10
S10+
S10 note

I will be using this for work and personal.
Social media & Forums
Emails and quoting
Take pics and vids
Needs to have quality battery life

Due to it being so long since I looked for a phone I have no clue what is best.
Personal preference between those. S10 smallest screen, s10+ bigger screen, note 10 has a pen and even bigger. I would bet battery life to be pretty similar between them.

Go s10 plain, unless you want a bigger screen or a pen.

Reactions: BS ISF

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Soooo like what the fuck!

I sent out 13 messages last week, individually, not group chat, just a copy and paste to each person.

2/13 people got the text. I had to retext everyone just about. Messages show sent on my end, but not in recipients message.

I had that same issue last week. I was texting about 4 individuals and one group text. Of course, the person that wasn't getting my texts was the company owner. Luckily it was just our lunch order. lmao Some of the texts popped up on his phone about 3 hours after I send them.

It has been fine since that day.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
What... Do you mean in-car wifi?

Well, I am talking about Android AUTO. :s00ls: :mamoru:

But yes, I have an aftermarket head unit in my car and it has a wifi network. The phone connects automatically over the wifi network and all the Android Auto stuff works that way. The radio upgrade makes that ancient 2007 feel a lot newer with Android Auto.

A buddy was saying his new 2019(2020?) F150 has a wifi network. But I guess Ford said that they will not support Android Auto over the car's networks. Which sucks. Hopefully over time the change their minds and update to make it work.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Well, I am talking about Android AUTO. :s00ls: :mamoru:

But yes, I have an aftermarket head unit in my car and it has a wifi network. The phone connects automatically over the wifi network and all the Android Auto stuff works that way. The radio upgrade makes that ancient 2007 feel a lot newer with Android Auto.

A buddy was saying his new 2019(2020?) F150 has a wifi network. But I guess Ford said that they will not support Android Auto over the car's networks. Which sucks. Hopefully over time the change their minds and update to make it work.
They probably didn't do the network security sides of things to allow Android auto without making the computer system vulnerable since OEM headunits are more integrated in the car system.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Verizon has a good deal for switching carriers.

EE86C670-9A6E-4584-85DF-5A6A00B84613.png

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
Android 10 dark mode is great. I'm a fan of black backgrounds over gray it makes no sense that the notification panel, settings, boot screen are black but the Gapps are all dark gray. Instagram looks badass blacked out.

Trying to hold off buying the 4... It's probably not going to work, never lasts long. I was going to wait for the BF deals but Verizon is offering 450 for trading in the OG xl. It's hard to pass up

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Wow just did some research on the pixel 4...what a fucking money grab

No more headphone jack and doesn't come with any headphones or dongle.

No fingerprint reader at all!

No more unlimited raw photo backups.

2800mah battery... :bowrofl: sad

Only 64GB max storage :bowrofl:

1080p display :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

No 4k 60fps video...

No front facing stereo speakers anymore.

Using a sd855 outdated processor :rofl:

And overpriced.

This is a fucking joke of a phone from Google in 2019.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The 4 xl will be fine.

No finger because it has face unlock.

XL has a bigger battery.

I have original size uploads with Photos through 2021.

Haven't needed a headphone jack in years.

Processor appears to the same every other flagship is using.

Really tho, the camera is what I upgrade for and it looks to be another slam dunk.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
The 4 xl will be fine.

No finger because it has face unlock.

XL has a bigger battery.

I have original size uploads with Photos through 2021.

Haven't needed a headphone jack in years.

Processor appears to the same every other flagship is using.

Really tho, the camera is what I upgrade for and it looks to be another slam dunk.
It's the same camera sensor as the 3....they just added a telephoto and higher mp front camera. No upgrade.

Face unlock is stupid, gotta look at my phone to unlock it??? No thx. How do apps that use fingerprint authorization work now?

The sd855 is still dated and for the price, it should of been a newer processor.

Thread Info