Android Official Android Thread

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I'm definitely a Sumsung swinger. Although I hate Bixby - wish I could disable/remove it from my current S9.

I believe they said the version Android it is shipped with that you can use the button to open another app or feature. Not sure if you can disable Bixby, but at least you won't accidentally open it by hitting the button.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I'm definitely a Sumsung swinger. Although I hate Bixby - wish I could disable/remove it from my current S9.
New s10 supposedly lets you pick what bixby does so it doesn't suck as much.

Pixel 3 if you want a purer android experience and less samsung bloat. Its ridiculous how much shit they install on their devices now.

Unless you are rooting and installing a rom without samsung bloat, then id choose s10 because its better hardware wise IMO

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
What bloat should I be seeing using my Samsung Note 8? On a day to day basis, I don't think I see any.

The phone is quick. There is plenty of space. So what bloat is there and why is it so bad? Asking because I don't see the issue. Honestly asking.
Samsung apps package, built in McAfee is another. It just comes with a ton of apps you'll never touch compared to a pure Android image like on the pixel (although even their stock pixel roms have a ton of extra google apps now)

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The apps package? As in Samsung photo editor, gallery, music, Samsung Pay, etc?

I use most of those. The installed games I turned off/removed. Not sure the ones I don't use cause me any issues. If they run in the background and such. So again, what issues or problems are there with these "bloat" items? I don't see or understand how they are hurting my day to day experience.

Again, just asking as I am trying to understand why you hear complaining about bloat from pre-installed apps. Back in the day when they took up valuable space and ran all day wasting battery power I could see the issue. But I am not sure those are really an issue or people just love to hate on bloat. Is it a security and permissions thing?

McAfee is new with the S10 I believe.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
How many times are you going to ask the same question :rofl:

Verizon is better than all from a service standpoint but its Verizon so....you'll likely get bloatware on your phones, ridiculous pricing and a sense that they could give two fucks about you.

But they have the best coverage, speeds, etc.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
I'm definitely a Samsung swinger. Although I hate Bixby - wish I could disable/remove it from my current S9.

x2. i get madder than i probably should when i accidentally hit that button. im thinking about picking up the new phone to replace my s8+. i really don't have a reason to, other than wanting the new phone. ha

Turtle

Addict
Mar 21, 2011
How many times are you going to ask the same question :rofl:

Verizon is better than all from a service standpoint but its Verizon so....you'll likely get bloatware on your phones, ridiculous pricing and a sense that they could give two fucks about you.

But they have the best coverage, speeds, etc.

Had verizon for a month and the service and speed was great. Great service but u pay for everything.

T-Mobile user for forever. Mid range/lower end in service and price. I don't use my phone for business or anything so I'm ahppy with T-Mobile.

If I ran a business or anything, 100% verzion.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
RCS is FINALLY enabled on pixel phones (assuming you use the stock messges app). Been testing it with [MENTION=127]wombat[/MENTION] and its glorious...but I literally only have one other person that this will work with :rofl: Google is so fucking retarded.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
[MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION]

So we all remember the stupidity of when I got my new Pixels on Fi and they disconnected my service and etc? If not go search and read.

Well I bought pixels on the 200 instant off and 200 service credit per phone and did the 24 month financing because why not. Because of the fuck up they gave me my 400 (bought two phones) right away so I didn't have to wait the 90 days so I haven't paid FI anything since the fuck up.

Well... the last bill came in and we are getting another 400 at the normal 90 day mark. LOL So we got 200 off each phone instantly and another 400 per phone in service credits. So I guess all that BS I had to spend on the phone talking to them was actually worth something...

Thread Info