And this is why I have a dash cam

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p04ybjfjh04&fbclid=

So, this is why I have a dash cam in my car. Earmuffs Warning: I utter a few swear words... Thankfully, there were no injuries, just some damage to my car.
Apparently, the other driver decided she suddenly wanted to go to a gas station on the other side of the street, and thought she'd just back up and get all the way over to the left turn lane. I was initially worried the other driver was going to say that I rear-ended them. Naperville police issued her an "improper backing" citation, and she admitted fault.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
I swear to fucking god 5 minutes back in that area makes me so glad I moved to the boonies. I don't know how I lived and commuted there so long and didn't have something like this happen. Drivers are straight fucktarded, it's amazing how much more attentive and defensive you have to be. 59 makes me want to commit sudoku

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
One of the biggest problems I see on the road. People refuse to inconvenience themselves behind the wheel and make their mistake everyone else’s problem.

Missed the turn? Better slam on the brakes in 50mph traffic to turn RIGHT NOW instead of taking the next strip mall turn lane every 100 motherfucking feet.

I’m doing 0.1 mph faster than the guy in front of me? Better move over to the other lane and pace him for the next 6 miles in case I accidentally pass him while holding up 6 miles of traffic behind me.

I’m supposed to get into the turn lane here? Let me be in the far opposite lane and swerve in front of you at 45mph while you’re trying to pass to get into the far turn lane 50 feet from the light.

I’m going to sit directly in your “blind spot” and stagger myself perfectly so you can’t move over and then flip you off at the next light because you swerved in front of me after putting your blinker on and I was still being a stupid motherfucking cunt and not slowing down or god forbid speeding the fuck up so you could move over.

All of this happened on 12 yesterday.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
One of the biggest problems I see on the road. People refuse to inconvenience themselves behind the wheel and make their mistake everyone else’s problem.

This is so true. U turns in the middle of a busy street, backing up on highways for missed ramps and so on.

I installed Dashcams in all our cars too a couple years ago after getting rear ended on I55. Guy that hit me said he it wasn’t his fault..blah blah and it just delayed getting my car fixed. If I had the camera it would have helped explain everything faster.

I think these will be options or standard in cars soon, especially with the rear view camera already standard.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
This exact same thing happened to me when I was 16. The guy was 83ish and a florist, and when he stopped at the light the flowers in the back of his van tipped over. So he put it in reverse thinking it was park, and then used the gas pedal to boost himself as he reached back there. Floored it right into my car.

He could have easily said I rearended him and totally fucked me over. Even when the cop pulled up, she naturally assumed I rear ended him.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
So what's the damage to the ST?

Headlight, hood, bumper, grill, and possibly bumper support and core support.

48378068_10218028337040266_9092708381407313920_n.jpg

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
This is so true. U turns in the middle of a busy street, backing up on highways for missed ramps and so on.

I installed Dashcams in all our cars too a couple years ago after getting rear ended on I55. Guy that hit me said he it wasn’t his fault..blah blah and it just delayed getting my car fixed. If I had the camera it would have helped explain everything faster.

I think these will be options or standard in cars soon, especially with the rear view camera already standard.

Some dude this weekend decided to pull a U-turn on I55 going north from St Louis. Brakes from 80 mph to 10 in the fast lane to turn at one of those police areas. Almost caused a 4 car pile up.... had my dash cam rolling just in case.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Missed the turn? Better slam on the brakes in 50mph traffic to turn RIGHT NOW instead of taking the next strip mall turn lane every 100 motherfucking feet.

I’m doing 0.1 mph faster than the guy in front of me? Better move over to the other lane and pace him for the next 6 miles in case I accidentally pass him while holding up 6 miles of traffic behind me.

I’m supposed to get into the turn lane here? Let me be in the far opposite lane and swerve in front of you at 45mph while you’re trying to pass to get into the far turn lane 50 feet from the light.

I’m going to sit directly in your “blind spot” and stagger myself perfectly so you can’t move over and then flip you off at the next light because you swerved in front of me after putting your blinker on and I was still being a stupid motherfucking cunt and not slowing down or god forbid speeding the fuck up so you could move over.

All of this happened on 12 yesterday.

When I used to work for a draintile/foundation company, I would drive a F650 with about 30,000 lbs. I was driving on 14 heading back to the shop/yard, then some jackass cuts in front of me and SLAMS on the brakes to make a right turn IN RAIN! I was just inches from smashing the hell out of that car and all occupants inside. Some people....or a lot, can be so damn stupid.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
glad you are ok. What an inexcusable brainless move.

It is infuriating how awful drivers are today. Basic rules of the road are optional and its an all about me, not you mentality. Not sure if I blame smart phones and/or the DMV handing out licenses like candy on Halloween, but I would say we have been on a steady decline of driving skills in the last couple decades. I cannot drive more than 3 minutes without cursing and shouting out loud WHYYY?

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
I drive for a living locally. I’ve seen it ALL. It’s so bad I’m currently looking to get out of driving. It’s so bad, and common, I know what people are going to do 99% of the time before they do it. And that reason is what usually saves their life/property from their stupidity and impatience because 70-100k lbs don’t give no fucks about you.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I drive for a living locally. I’ve seen it ALL. It’s so bad I’m currently looking to get out of driving. It’s so bad, and common, I know what people are going to do 99% of the time before they do it. And that reason is what usually saves their life/property from their stupidity and impatience because 70-100k lbs don’t give no fucks about you.

Defensive driving is best driving.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info