Drag to reposition cover

An m90 build to decimate all

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Diff is installed. I need to get a new seal for the diff cover though because I messed it up when removing the axle.
View attachment 84214

I also "think" I fixed my axle.

View attachment 84215

Hopefully I used the clamp tool correctly.
Dude I hate those clamps I never can get em. My ass would have a couple hose clamps 180d on farm stuff but definitely not on a race car

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Dude I hate those clamps I never can get em. My ass would have a couple hose clamps 180d on farm stuff but definitely not on a race car
If I did it correctly, they tool worked pretty slick. They are definitely nice and tight. Hopefully they stay that way.

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
the tool is a winch the double spiral band is cinched tight with?

they work great, hopefully you kept grease out of the area they clamp down onto

i also use the minimalist approach to grease, they put way too much in em for spinning them at 130mph, they were designed for 100k+ life at 60mph

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's the tool. I cleaned the surfaces really good, put a small bead of rtv on them, and I did take some grease out of them too.

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Old seal....you can see where I bashed it.

IMG_20210327_144727049.jpg

Using old coilover parts to install the new one. This fit absolutely perfect.

IMG_20210327_150427679.jpg

New seal in.

IMG_20210327_150443566.jpg

And the cover back on, axle installed, strut bolted to the spindle, oil pressure sender in, and front wheels back on.

IMG_20210327_170640322.jpg

I lost my new package of o-rings for the hydroboost, so I need to do some more looking.

Today was my son's 1st birthday. But he woke up puking, so we had to cancel the party. He's still not keeping anything down, and my 2 year old daughter just started as well. So, it's been a lot of "work for 15 minutes and spend the next half hour cleaning up puke." My wife took I think 3 showers today.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Nice work and damn, I hope they feel better and stop puking all over your wife. :rofl: Usually it's all hands on deck when kids are sick, it's wild you even go anything done. (y)(y)

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Man that sucks hope the little ones get better. Glad your makin progress tho

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I just hope my wife and I both don't have it tomorrow. That would really suck.

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
IMO, parents have the most powerful immune systems of humans. Even if you're a shitter cleaner, you're not facing the germs and whatnot that a kid brings home on a daily basis.

I spend like 2hrs with my niece and I am sick for like 3 days :rofl: (pre covid)

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
That uh bug goin around they like for numbers has been startin out that way and then turnin to headaches sweats and yellow snot and drags on for like a month. I hope it ain't that man its already so much worse when they get sick when they're that little yet and you just gotta cuddle it out and bank on Tylenol pedialyte and no sleep

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
IMO, parents have the most powerful immune systems of humans. Even if you're a shitter cleaner, you're not facing the germs and whatnot that a kid brings home on a daily basis.

I spend like 2hrs with my niece and I am sick for like 3 days :rofl: (pre covid)
Idk man at a certain point its hard to tell if im sick or if my bodys just sick of my shenanigans

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
I think it all just falls into the same category :rofl:

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score

I used to get sick all the time, but the last two years, I've barely even had a sniffle. Not sure if it's because of the extra cleaning from covid. Hopefully my immune system is beefed up.

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
The powersteering pump was leaking a little bit. I bought a reman to replace it with... hopefully that was the right decision. I haven't had great luck with reman pumps. This is an ac delco reman though.

IMG_20210411_131924067.jpg

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
I just rented a pulley tool from oriellys. It worked great. Pretty easy.
Probably the way to go. I'm pretty sure some of the mess under mine is power steering but I've gotta see what this go around dried up yet

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
My puller tool requires a bit of help. That sleeve was way too big.
View attachment 86059
That's what mine looked like too. It didn't grab well on one side, but the other side of the clam shells were a bit different and I had no problems with it pulling the pulley off. Looks like you came up with a good idea though.

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
Next time you have a junk scissor jack, junkyard, or sitting around, cut off the thrust bearing and keep it in your toolbox it works great for installing police like that where you have to use a hole through the center and just press it on that way

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
I tightened two nuts today on the hydroboost mount plate. Maybe I can get the other two tomorrow.
Right in the feels. I've spent a fair amount of time in the shop today and still haven't brought myself to run a tap thru the header bolt I broke off

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom