Drag to reposition cover

An m90 build to decimate all

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

Reaction score
Just catching up on this build so I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, looks like you're doing the same intercooler setup a lot of aussies do just a little better I think.

I've been following a few of their pages on facebook and from what little information I've gathered they've seen drops in boost pressure from running their a2a intercooler deal. Seems to be a really common mod down under for intercooling though.
Yeah that's definitely the way to go as the standard heater core plate everyone else uses can't touch the big intercoolers.

I was going to just use that mace plate, but I was trying to build an intercooler system the fbody guys could use too. It ended up not working, but at least it's a cool story.

v6buicks

Reaction score
Yeah that's definitely the way to go as the standard heater core plate everyone else uses can't touch the big intercoolers.

I was going to just use that mace plate, but I was trying to build an intercooler system the fbody guys could use too. It ended up not working, but at least it's a cool story.
I think the biggest problem with F-bodies and SC intercoolers is cowl clearance. I can't imagine there are many ways around this without a tubular k-member or cowl delete. I think there are very few people able/willing to do the top swap anymore let alone make the clearance for an IC. I'm not even sure that I'm willing to go that far on my car. It's too much of a rusty pile. Lol

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think overall I'd rather shoot alky into the supercharger honestly. I guess you could make a lifter valley pan and work some magic that way too now that I've said it. The OHC Fords were a lot better set up to intercool because they don't have oil or push rods down there to take up space. That is a full custom lower intake though.

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to build an entire new lower intake so I could sink the blower way down into it, but then I decided that I would like to enjoy the car before I turn 80.

I do think I'm going to cut out the bypass valve or weld it shut, and then put on an actual blowoff valve. Should make for some cool noises.

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

Reaction score
Good stuff Nick, cant wait to see some track results!
That heads up no prep event from last weekend really has me pumped. I made sure to show my wife that the winner of the 7.50 index class got $3k.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to build an entire new lower intake so I could sink the blower way down into it, but then I decided that I would like to enjoy the car before I turn 80.

I do think I'm going to cut out the bypass valve or weld it shut, and then put on an actual blowoff valve. Should make for some cool noises.
Build it in parallel. May as well be prepared for the next iteration.

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

Reaction score
Build it in parallel. May as well be prepared for the next iteration.
I would, but I'm not sure how to route that without a turbo feeding into the blower. I might just do a regular vent to atmosphere for now, them change it up to a recirc style once I twincharge the car. I would still need the regular bov anyways with the turbo. I would probably have to use a couple recirc bov's to keep it from compounding.

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

Reaction score
A friend of mine owns a Dyno and is having a Dyno day on June 28th. So I'm going to try and fix a few things before then.

First, that deadend 90° before everyone loses their mind again.

IMG_20200618_180108551.jpg

I'm going to do more welding and try to get rid of some of the couplers to eliminate any boost leaks.

Got some new hood pins for better adjustability.

IMG_20200618_175644611.jpg

And, more ricer mods.

IMG_20200618_175636920.jpg

IMG_20200618_174956223.jpg

I'm going to ditch the factory bbv, and use this bov to do it's job, just to eliminate that as a boost leak problem. Plus it should sound cool on a m90 car.

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

Reaction score
I fixed the pipe just for you Yaj Yak Yaj Yak .

IMG_20200627_162510876.jpg

Did some other cleaning up of the pipes and couplers. Didn't have time to install the bov though. But, to the Dyno tomorrow we go. It's nowhere close to where I'd like it yet, but very slowly making progress. I'd be pretty happy with 400whp, but I'm guessing it's more like 350.

v6buicks

Reaction score
That's some satisfying plumbing. :bigthumb:

Good luck! It seems like a lot of people are heading to the rollers this weekend.

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah seems to be popular on this site.

It's going to be hot here. Supposed to be about 95° tomorrow.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Outside temps shouldn't matter with A2W, just add ice and now it's 60° cooler, innit?

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

Reaction score
I was more just saying that it's going to suck being inside his shop when it's that hot.

v6buicks

Reaction score
I was more just saying that it's going to suck being inside his shop when it's that hot.
I was really shocked at how well we managed yesterday. Brian's fans did some serious work because I didn't start sweating until I was loading up on the trailer. I didn't even sweat while changing plugs in my egg frying hot engine. Lol

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I fixed the pipe just for you Yaj Yak Yaj Yak .

View attachment 61433

Did some other cleaning up of the pipes and couplers. Didn't have time to install the bov though. But, to the Dyno tomorrow we go. It's nowhere close to where I'd like it yet, but very slowly making progress. I'd be pretty happy with 400whp, but I'm guessing it's more like 350.
I feel better

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

Reaction score
Damn car.

Still only makes 8 psi.

And now instead of only missing 3rd gear, all I have is 2nd. Oh well, transmission has to come out anyways. Can't wait to make 300hp. Lol

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
I remember when my reluctor wheel came loose on my GTP and the trans was acting a fool, Trannyman told me to unplug the wiring connector and the trans would default in 3rd gear and just stay in that gear until I could get home. IDK if you want to try that to see if you can get 3rd gear back?

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

Reaction score
I remember when my reluctor wheel came loose on my GTP and the trans was acting a fool, Trannyman told me to unplug the wiring connector and the trans would default in 3rd gear and just stay in that gear until I could get home. IDK if you want to try that to see if you can get 3rd gear back?

I welded the reluctor wheel on, so that shouldn't be the problem. The car has never had 3rd gear. I'm not sure what would happen if I unplugged it. Maybe just neutral or still 2nd.

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

Reaction score
Fucking trans issues. Same reason alot of peoplenleft that platform.

Man I hope its something simple or do you have another trans ready or parts to rebuilt this one?
I don't. It definitely needs to come out. It shouldn't need much for parts though. Most likely just a couple seals are causing my problems.

OP
GTPpower

GTPpower

Reaction score
It won't be too expensive to fix it anyways. Everything in it is pretty much new, and it has all the upgraded hard parts. It'll probably be less than $1k for a shop to fix it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom