• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

amsoil

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
changed oil, drove to south haven, did 7 30-minute track sessions at 270-279 degree oil on 0w20 synthetic signature. oil cooler going in today, but sent oil to blackstone to see what they had to say... pretty great results IMHO.

:amsoil:

AMSOIL SAE 0W-20 Signature Series 100% Synthetic Motor Oil

oil.png

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i generally change when i feel like it / if i've beaten on it a lot. maybe not at all over the winter. i think filters generally should be changed every 3k but most synthetic can go a lot longer, although i've never changed just a filter.

in any case 279 oil on track for 30 minutes is pretty hot. i'm about to put in the forester oem oil cooler which runs coolant through a filter housing and i read a guy was doing 235-240 on track with it. for $700+ a real oil cooler i think keeps that at 210-225.

i was considering going to 5w30 although with the cooler 0w20 seems fine...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• sickmint79
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list