TV Amazon close to pulling the trigger on Mass Effect series

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score

Amazon Studios is nearing a deal to develop a Mass Effect TV series based on BioWare’s popular sci-fi RPG.

In a report about Amazon’s success with the recent Wheel of Time adaptation, Deadline says Amazon is readying more adaptations for popular franchises, including Mass Effect. The report notes that the deal is nearing, meaning Amazon and EA haven’t fully agreed to the project just yet.

There are no details on the story or whether or not this will be an original story set in the Mass Effect universe or a story related to the video game series.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
Hmmm. I can foresee the shep/femshep debates raging when the casting is announced
With Hollyweird's SJW stance, you can bet it will be a femshep.
Plan on seeing gay, lez and trans characters too.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
Those are canon already.

Since Garrus and Tali will probably be Mo-Cap CGI, I want Brandon Keener and Ash Sroka to play Garrus and Tali. pretty much the same for any characters that will be MoCap CGI.

I don't think I could stand Garrus or Tali with different voices.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I dont even think I want them to try and rehash the original story/characters. The world they built is so rich, I'd love to see something original

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
I don't know what I'd want them to cover if they did something other than the main story line. Could possibly adapt one of the books, I own a few of them.

Or go after the First Contact War, aka the Invasion of Shanxi, its pretty self contained.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom