May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0721QWPTS/?tag=tcg21-20

just scroll through it.

it's fucked up

out of 5 starsAmazon wiped out negative reviews
ByAmazon Customeron September 14, 2017
Format: Hardcover|Verified Purchase
what happened to the negative reviews? Looks like Amazon is censoring. I read this book -- a curiosity but lacking true substance and introspection.

Like so many others my previous review has been taken ...
ByLannyon September 16, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
Like so many others my previous review has been taken down because it was critical of Clinton's book. In my previous review I referenced her book Hard Choices...."Believe it or not I actually liked this book." Before Amazon took my previous down they used the line..."Believe it or not I actually liked this book" to highlight what I had supposedly said about What Happened. . If Amazon doesn't want our opinion stop asking for it. Joseph Stalin would be proud of you guys.

Belongs in the Fiction section
ByAmazon Customeron September 15, 2017
Format: Audible Audio Edition|Verified Purchase
I'm going to have to rate this book 1 star every day until Amazon discontinues its deletion of my rating. This book is a deep dive into the mind of a self serving liberal who cannot believe she lost due to her being a terrible person and instead illustrates a fantastical conspiracy full of shadowy Russian agents voodoo and self righteousness.

1.0 out of 5 starsAt this point, what difference does it make?
Byshawn seekingson September 18, 2017
Like everyone else who wrote a real review, before deleted, this book sucks. It really sucks. It really really sucks.

Pity Party
ByAmazon Customeron September 16, 2017
I bought the book, read the book but was very bored by its repetitive nature. Over and over she states how well prepared she was for the office BUT was defeated by the most unfit of candidates because she was treated unfairly by the media, because she is a woman, treated unfairly by Bernie Sanders .....and it goes on and on. A few times she admits she did make mistakes but those times are far overshadowed by the blame game she plays throughout. It is sad that she can not recognize that she ultimately is accountable for her own failure, that she ran a terrible campaign, and was a terrible candidate who was defeated by an even worse candidate.
I am a documented purchaser of the book and did read it. If Amazon decides to unpost my review this is the last book I buy from Amazon. I will not support censorship.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
There sure seems to be a LOT of people saying their negative reviews were deleted. Also, there are still a shitload of negative reviews up there and the rating still says 89% "5 stars". It doesn't add up. Someone is manipulating the numbers.

Also, the book should be titled under "fiction".
51CgnhX9QUL._SL256_.jpg

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
the amount of people that found a review useful also adds weight to the reviews. But if you go to the link the top rated positive review has 1300 or so "found this usefuls"
while there are negative reviews that have "found this usefuls" in the tens of thousands.
The 5 star should be impossible.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Here are a few more good comments from Amazon. I grabbed them before they were deleted.

Got the audio book, immediately regretted it. Dogs started howling in almost a painful way, whimpering in a corner. Most people trust dogs right? I would definitely say, if their feelings mean anything, stay away. I swear, my poor little Dachshund hasn't been this scared since the last bad thunder storm we had but this is worse.

Hillary, please stop deleting my truthful review. I wasted 14 bucks, and I didn't like your book. K, thanks.

Amazon Deleted my review here it is:
I bought this with one of my 6 audible credits so I could write a review on it. Lol there are three legitimate reasons to buy this book:

1. Your trying to date a hot liberal.
2. You need something to keep you warm AKA kindling.
3. You need a doorstop.

This is the second review I am placing because Amazon is so unethical they are deleting negative reviews.
I bought and read this book. In my opinion is nothing more than a series of excuses. Hillary makes it clear that she is incapable of examining herself but does a great job of laying blame on others.

The book is a compendium of excuses and lies. I would not recommend reading it.

It's pathetic and immature that Clinton can't accept personal responsibility for her loss. She was a terrible candidate and had a hard time defeating Bernie. Only for the super-delegates in California, Bernie would have beaten her.

But, according to Hillary, 'What Happened' was ...

Suburban women didn't like her
The Russians interferred
The FBI and James Comey
Facebook
Twitter
Wikileaks
Bernie Sanders
TV Executives
Cable News
Fake News
The Democrats
The Republicans
Low informed voters
The 'Deplorables'
Content farms in Macedonia
Obama winning two terms
Bad polling numbers

But of course Donald Trump didn't play any part in her losing. She simply did not connect with people. To her it was like she had an entitlement because of her name.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
:rofl: mathematically there is no way that book should be 4.8 stars. But yes, the core problem lies beneath the tolerant left silencing freedom of speech because they don't agree with your opinion. This is very similar to getting Zucked on Facebook for posting your "offensive" opinion.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
it has nothing to do with freedom of speech because free speech does not extend to your ability to write reviews on amazon.

how many of the 1* reviews are simply political junk though? i don't think amazon is wrong for trying to remove reviews full stop, they are wrong for being unable to discern between actual reviews and someone just posting political bullshit to remove.

ie.

I bought this with one of my 6 audible credits so I could write a review on it. Lol there are three legitimate reasons to buy this book:

1. Your trying to date a hot liberal.
2. You need something to keep you warm AKA kindling.
3. You need a doorstop.

it's not like this is an actual review good or bad, it's just a 1* and a stab, it is a junk review. sounds like amz is doing it the easiest (and crudest) way possible and throwing valid reviews out with the junk though.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Because if they're verified purchasers, it doesn't matter if 100000 republicans bought it to bash it. They're still a verified purchaser who for whatever reason wasted money on it in the first place and they deserve the right to have a public opinion on something they bought, period.

I agree with non-verified purchasers being pruned. I fucking hate non verified reviews because they're usually shills for the company promoting their own junk.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Because if they're verified purchasers, it doesn't matter if 100000 republicans bought it to bash it. They're still a verified purchaser who for whatever reason wasted money on it in the first place and they deserve the right to have a public opinion on something they bought, period.

I agree with non-verified purchasers being pruned. I fucking hate non verified reviews because they're usually shills for the company promoting their own junk.

egggfuckinzactttleeeee

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake

sure, but amazon also has the right to try and present fair reviews for products they sell and take action if they believe reviews are being manipulated, don't they?

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Amazon is a giant warehouse, period. They should take no political stance on anything they sell because it's just a product. If a product is that shitty that it receives tens of thousands of terrible reviews (again, verified reviews) maybe they should pull that product. Or, jsut not give a shit because they still got the money in the end.

I will agree with your point to an extent. At what point though does "deleting bash reviews to give an honest review of a product" then turn into "deleting any negative review under the guise of 'bashing' to prop up sales of a shitty product"?

inb4marketing101

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Amazon is a giant warehouse, period. They should take no political stance on anything they sell because it's just a product. If a product is that shitty that it receives tens of thousands of terrible reviews (again, verified reviews) maybe they should pull that product. Or, jsut not give a shit because they still got the money in the end.

I will agree with your point to an extent. At what point though does "deleting bash reviews to give an honest review of a product" then turn into "deleting any negative review under the guise of 'bashing' to prop up sales of a shitty product"?

inb4marketing101

well that's where it is tricky for sure if they choose to go ahead and do it. i guess i'd do it by plinking off unverified purchases and then anyone who has ever only given 1 review on amazon and it was for that book, and see what shook out.

if they just delete every view it's super crude but over time would probably even out, ie. if they delete them all for weeks and trolls get tired, they could turn it back to normal and maybe expect most to be valid at that point?

shitty job, no good answer really.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info