Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Well, 5.49 technically.

Gypsy

Reaction score
about time to get blu ray player.. dvd prices.. :roflpicard:
I refuse! :rofl: I will not convert to Bluray. My dvd collection is massive and I'm not going through rebuilding it on another disc format. Nuh uh.

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
I refuse! :rofl: I will not convert to Bluray. My dvd collection is massive and I'm not going through rebuilding it on another disc format. Nuh uh.
Well Blu Ray players do play regular DVD's ya know...

Gypsy

Reaction score
Oh I know. But I hear a lot of "bluray is the best, bluray is the clearest" :nutz:ing and I just don't see the big improvement. It's a little clearer picture but I don't notice that as much as some. I'll stick to my dvd collection.

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
play two movies side by side and you'll notice a massive difference in both sound and picture.

Gypsy

Reaction score
But basically I'm still good as long as I don't have a random need to watch them side by side amiright?

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
Oh I know. But I hear a lot of "bluray is the best, bluray is the clearest" :nutz:ing and I just don't see the big improvement. It's a little clearer picture but I don't notice that as much as some. I'll stick to my dvd collection.
Do you have a TV thats capable of 1080p? There is such a massive difference that I can't even watch DVDs anymore.

Gypsy

Reaction score
:rofl: Probably. But I have no idea. I am a total girl when it comes to tvs and stuff like that.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
:rofl: Probably. But I have no idea. I am a total girl when it comes to tvs and stuff like that.
My old TV is a HDTV, its a projection, but is only capable of 720p but mostly broadcast in 480i (or something idk) so u can't really tell a big difference. But on my LED tv its such a massive difference its ridiculous.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
My old TV is a HDTV, its a projection, but is only capable of 720p but mostly broadcast in 480i (or something idk) so u can't really tell a big difference. But on my LED tv its such a massive difference its ridiculous.
this. ive been using a 720p dlp for like the last 6 years, and just upgraded to a 1080p led less than a month ago. god DAMN.

KagA152

Reaction score
walmart.com has a bunch for $5 right now, best buy has done some $5 sale recently too, otherwise they always have the $7.99 bin at the store that has some good stuff in it

98GTPDriva

Reaction score
There is a HUGE HUGE HUGE difference between playing a DVD and blu-ray on a HDTV. I have a huge DVD collection too, but I am not rebuilding it... I am just adding to it with my blu-rays. I have about 330 total with about 90 being blu-rays. I have a wishlist of about 30 right now too.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
There is a HUGE HUGE HUGE difference between playing a DVD and blu-ray on a HDTV. I have a huge DVD collection too, but I am not rebuilding it... I am just adding to it with my blu-rays. I have about 330 total with about 90 being blu-rays. I have a wishlist of about 30 right now too.
This. Just add on. Dont rebuild. Bluray players can up convert DVDs as well. At least PS3 does.

Id only also do bluray for movies with extreme use of CGI. I am not going to buy Trading places or Christmas Vacation on bluray. Ill buy the LOTR and Avatar on bluray though.

Prevent

ilikemtb999 is my friend
Reaction score
price says LOTR $7.99 click on price. Amazon, says $9.49, ruining my dreams.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
amazon is still shilling Insane Deals on blurays.... I'm about to go crazy...again. I blame my new tv more than these awesome prices. I never cared about blurays this much w/ my old tv. haha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom