• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Alternators?

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
I have only had an upper pulley swap for a couple of months now and I just fried my alternator. I was going through a bank drivethru and I smelled something burning and my battery light came on. The radio shut off and I had to keep the car reved to keep the battery light off. The car now has just under 65k on it and my question is: Is this a fluke and the alt just went bad without anything to do with my upper pulley (2.8)? I know that lower pulleys can cause issues when you don't change the alt pulley. I hope I don't have a pulley going bad every few months. My car is a DD.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
The upper pulley has nothing to do with the alternator failure. If you had a lower installed and no oversize alt pulley, that would be a different story.

Your's just decided to take crap on you. It happens. They seem to be the best option though compared to the aftermarket replacements.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info