Alternative cars to the mustang, camaro & challenger? Maybe a fast SUV or something German?

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
What are some comparable cars to those big three that are worth considering for an awesome street car? I've been putting off getting a new car because Im just simply not thrilled with the big three. Maybe a 6th gen ZL1, but aside from that car, what else is there?

What do the German's offer thats niche for the $50k-$60k range thats comparable to the SS camaro or Mustang GT. Or beyond? M3 or M4? Im running out of cars to consider. I was even thinking about shifting gears and looking at the Explorer ST with some mods or a track hawk (used). Who knows. Im so lost at this point. Im getting pressure from the wife and kids that since we are in FL, we need a boat or at least a pair of wave runners. The wife will have a Jeep or an SUV soon, so I wont NEED something that can tow. But odds are the Explorer ST with some mods and a tune will tow pretty damn awesome. I just dont know. Contrary to popular belief, this time around I really dont want to change cars so quickly. I want to do the right thing and look at everything and make the right choice.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I know essentially ZERO about Teslas...

The P designation before the number designates the performance version correct?

Like if you would look at them used, do you want to look at ones that have all the auto-driving stuff already included or do you add that later or how does that all work?

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Since I posted this I have been looking at lots of Explorer ST videos. PBD has one that makes like 560hp at the crank and runs 3.7 0-60 with just a tune and a few supporting mods. They have a huge performance following apparently so far. They are SHARP as shit too. The tuned/IC ones are easily as fast as trackhawks Im seeing.

Reactions: BS ISF

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Since I posted this I have been looking at lots of Explorer ST videos. PBD has one that makes like 560hp at the crank and runs 3.7 0-60 with just a tune and a few supporting mods. They have a huge performance following apparently so far. They are SHARP as shit too. The tuned/IC ones are easily as fast as trackhawks Im seeing.

I'd still get a TH over an ST any day of the week. Pully, tune, and E85 the Trackhawk will demolish that tuned bolt on ST. Also, the TH looks way better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info