Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Altered Carbon Renewed for Season 2 with Anthony Mackie as Lead

Rejoice, Altered Carbon fans. The sci-fi drama created by Laeta Kalogridis (Shutter Island, Alita: Battle Angel) has been renewed for a second season at Netflix with Anthony Mackie (Avengers: Infinity War, Detroit) taking on the lead role as Takeshi Kovacs, previously played by Joel Kinnaman (Suicide Squad, The Killing) in season one.

In the world of Altered Carbon, the journey of Takeshi Kovacs spans hundreds of years, many different bodies, and planets. This allows the story to explore themes of identity, morality, and the human soul. In this new season, Anthony Mackie will be the new embodiment of Kovacs as the series continues to expand on these deeper themes and ideas across longer periods of times and different worlds throughout the universe.

The eight-episode second season of Altered Carbon, produced by Skydance Television, will see Kalogridis returning as co-showrunner and executive producer alongside Alison Schapker (Alias, Almost Human, Fringe). David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, and Marcy Ross will executive produce for Skydance, with James Middleton (Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) also serving as executive producer.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Show is gorgeous and I like the main dude and Ortega is absolutely gorgeous with a ridiculous body but I could give two shits about this story. I'm so bored with it. I know I'm missing things b/c I'm spacing out every few minutes.

Elevator scene was pretty fucked up..

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
And finished. Maaaaaaaaaan, this was just an ok show. Amazing cinematography, gripping world they live in...but the characters werent all that interesting. I liked Tak and Poe but they still didnt save the show much for me. It ended up feeling like a chore to watch the entire season.

I'm not sure why they are doing s2 with him again. I'd much rather see them expand the beautiful world with other characters. A new story. I feel like there could be a huge world to build on but playing it safe...time will tell I suppose.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info