All new cars will be required to come with passive alcohol detection systems to prevent drunk driving by 2024?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
The solution prevents people who are legally drunk from operating a vehicle. That’s all

You are not giving up any rights as driving is a privilege.

Government / insurance companies already have enough technology/resources in and around you and a vehicle to monitor you all day / every day if they wanted to.
Being monitored in my private vehicle is infringing on my right to privacy.

If they want to do it for their government fleets, go right ahead.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
We have done the research and people driving more than 4 miles an hour over the speed limit are more likely to die in a car accident. Therefor we have determined that the maximum speed for any vehicle sold in the United States will be 70 miles per hour.

We thank you for complying with this new mandate to save lives.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
We have done the research and people driving more than 4 miles an hour over the speed limit are more likely to die in a car accident. Therefor we have determined that the maximum speed for any vehicle sold in the United States will be 70 miles per hour.

We now have GPS in all cars, cars should be forced to be governed to never go over the speed limit on their respective road!

Reactions: FESTER665

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Self driving cars will be a better option and likely be out more than waiting on this government based program to come to fruition....

The year is 2028...... Police are running a DUI checkpoint and are profiling every car made prior to 2026 only.... Sorry sir, even if you don't drink alcohol you are now subject to our checkpoint because we feel you might be trying to drive drunk by not purchasing one of our new safer anti-DUI vehicles. :bowrofl:

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Hmm federally mandated systems that will disable the vehicle when they malfunction, and leave the consumer bent over the barrel to repair it immediately at their own expense....? Where have I seen this before, and how's it working out? What will be the federally mandated warranty period on these items? When they fall out of warranty, will the consumer be required by law to go with an OE solution or one that has passed the extortio... er... certification process? Will federal jackboots show up for people who find a way to bypass it when it fails out of warranty?

Yeah, I'll pass thanks.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005

The Govt monitors this site. Please do not give them any ideas

Reactions: Shawn1112

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
For the amount of supposed red blooded Americans on this board screaming Trump and guns, you guys sure do hate the 4th and 5th amendments as well as gladly welcome the government further and further into your private lives.

This is one of those times I wish I could give multiple likes to a post.

Reactions: BeerOrGasoline

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
What if the sensor goes bad? Car becomes inoperable or is easily bypassed. Seems like shitty execution is bound to happen with that one.

As per inoperability, same thing can be said with any module, sensor, component (including) the chip in the key.

But, good point in that it is another component that can fail and render the vehicle in operable.

Good time to consider a carbureted 350 G body. Then I can roll like Denzel in Training Day and tell the Govt to eat my dirty white ass

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
The #TCGFoundingFathers are out in full force today.

You guys may prefer that your car let you be as stupid as you want, but like it or not the government has been progressively changing how you purchase and drive since basically forever, and as a result the vehicle fatality rate continues to decrease.

Examples:
- Airbags are federally mandated. They cost A LOT of money but also save lives. Know anyone that's been saved by an airbag? Screw the gvt for such absurd regulation
- The LATCH system for car seats is a federal requirement because seatbelts and car seats don't always work so well together, and it's way better than using a seat belt

The list goes on

Exactly what constitutional right is being infringed here...i'd love to know..your right to endanger others? Which amendment is that?

I can understand the animosity towards seat belt laws because that doesn't impact anyone but yourself, but if your family gets mowed down by a drunk in an escalade you might find yourself wondering how easy it would have been for the vehicle to stop that from happening. I can just about guarantee this is cheap technology

VMT = vehicle miles traveled.

1024px-US_traffic_deaths_per_VMT%2C_VMT%2C_per_capita%2C_and_total_annual_deaths.png

Last edited:

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
For the amount of supposed red blooded Americans on this board screaming Trump and guns, you guys sure do hate the 4th and 5th amendments as well as gladly welcome the government further and further into your private lives.
This has nothing to do with the 4th or 5th amendments. If new vehicles were sending an automated email to the local PD to pull you over then it would be a different story, but refusing to start when it detects alcohol is not a violation of anyone's rights.

Your vehicle knows when you're not buckled up...they have for decades now...it's not like it sends that info to the police to come give you a ticket.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Airbag light comes on and your vehicle is disabled? No.
Cutting out the airbag or disabling it results in violation of federal mandate? No.
Provide the means to remove LATCH system from vehicles where customers will never use it and end up with armed and armored Feds raiding your place of business? No.

There is a world of difference in what you posted as manufacturer mandates versus mandates imposed on citizens. It would be more equivalent to the diesel aftertreatment industry, and look how that's turning out for everybody.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
This has nothing to do with the 4th or 5th amendments. If new vehicles were sending an automated email to the local PD to pull you over then it would be a different story, but refusing to start when it detects alcohol is not a violation of anyone's rights.

Your vehicle knows when you're not buckled up...they have for decades now...it's not like it sends that info to the police to come give you a ticket.

You give an inch, they take a mile. Guaranfuckingteed that information is going to be saved SOMEWHERE whether it's onboard memory or relayed. It has 100% to do with what I said because the moment government opens that door of legislating the ability to DISABLE YOUR VEHICLE based on sensors THEY mandated, they can create whatever agency or task force to use that information collected about you against you.

To your previous post, let me know when the airbag and seat belt system have the ability to disable your vehicle. That's the issue.

Keep letting government mandate and rule you further and further, subject. That's my issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info