3800 Alky injection circuit

• Thread starter imported_Ron Vogel
  • Start date
I

imported_Ron Vogel

http://apogeekits.com/pulse_width_modulator.htm
I know a few people out there were following the threads on this. Back and fourth with DVLDOC, we came up with this and it seems to be a good alternative over the circuit I came up with. Plus it's a kit, comes with all the stuff you need to make it work. So you will save time over looking for all the stuff for it. I went ahead and ordered it to test it on my application. B)

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Ron, what is the cost for all the parts to the whole alky kit....give or take a little $$.......

Im looking into running this if yours and a couple other peoples runs well.

Ive been following this for a little and am starting to understand it. The power gains from this mod sound great......especially if you are already IC.....

how long do you think it would take to install a whole alky system?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I don't know anything yet. I'm getting antsy too. I got the circuit Monday, and It only took me about an hour to solder it together. So circuit cost was about $18, + I added a housing, and knobs...I guess a progressive controller like this could be done for about $40-50 give or take.
However, I haven't wired it up to the car, or even tested it for that matter. Before it can even go on the car, I have to finish the SC housing (I'm porting an extra core off the car, and the injection's going directly into it), and I need to finish my custom rails before that new SC goes on.
The pump is pretty common; it cost me $25 shipped off ebay. Generally it goes around $40 ish, and I think www.coolingmist.com has an inexpensive one that will work for around $40-50 new.

Now the problem here is to find an inexpensive solenoid/jet...should be able to come up with something for around $30ish, but I've opted to use a fuel injector instead.

Sorry I'm not more speedy with this stuff, but I'm learning out the pitfalls here and it takes some time to balance this, family, and job.

I have a pic of what the unit looks like on Club GP, go to the Alky thread in the General section.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Feb 9 2005, 02:49 PM
Hey Ron, im gettin antsy.  Any reason this wont work, otherwise im going to order it :D
[snapback]70802[/snapback]​
Got me, it looks to fit the bill perfectly. I have some reservations toward splicing into the MAP, and may need to run a stand alone one...but that's about it. It's extremely easy to build from the kit. Just a little time consuming. The only thing that needs to be modified is 2 of the on board pots, need to be mounted on the box insted of on the PCB for easy tuning. One is 100K, the other 250K.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
OK, more questions. You mentioned you may setup an alternate sensor for the map because you dont want to splice it and risk problems. So here is my thought....for me at least :p .

Their are three wires for the map, so my guess is power, ground, and signal are the three wires. Now I cant double check myself, but im guessing the bypass valve also has a power and ground wire, but does it have an equal amount of power to the bypass as the map. So would it be possible for me to get another map sensor and the sensor connector plug. Then use the power and ground from the bypass and run it to the connector plug. Then connect it to the extra map sensor (along with a vac/boost line). Then run a signal wire from the plug to the circuit, and be set. If not the bypass, then how about the EGR?

Or have you already come up with a brilliant solution :D

I

imported_Ron Vogel

If you ran a secondary MAP, just run it to IGN+. The boost bypass is a PWM signal, I have read 13.8v to it, but it may be inconsistant if TQ reduction is enabled. The EGR Has a 12vdc and a 5vdc, but I had problems with tapping from it before, and don't know enough about it to make a good recommendation. It may still be OK to tap the exsisting MAP signal, I just don't know yet. I'll give Justin over a Casper's a call to see what he thinks.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Got one piece of the puzzle...Justin had no reservations that the circuit will work. He made me up a connector that goes between the MAP, and the harness, so it's plug and play.
I do know that it'd be a pipe dream to think I can hook this all up and it'll work like I want it with no fuss. So...once it's all ready to test, I need to simulate the voltage the MAP will put out, and measure the flow of my injector vs. time. If you are doing the solenoid/ jet thing, I assume you need to go to the largest size you will need and work backwards to tune. I may test a jet down the road, but I doubt it.
To do a test, you need to find the voltage your MAP puts out at your highest boost level, and send that to the voltage control on the board. Run your pump into the solenoid /jet, and face the jet into a graduated jug, and measure the time it takes to fill, so you know total flow per hour.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Yikes.

I am sitting on all the parts I need for this already. Actually go the box built, I wired the box up yesterday, and just have to finish the wiring harness now. My son's birthday is this week, so haven't been able to get anything done the last few weeks. We're having a big party for him next weekend, and I've been trying to get a bunch of stuff done to the house finished before we have all the people over. Crap, this weekend I put new stairs in the garage, panted our stairwell (over 20 ft high walls) and replaced all the light fixtures on the first floor and stairwell, and put up a ceiling fan. I'm tired, we were up untill 4am painting, and the kids got up early today.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list