Alien Invasions going on in Canada at the moment

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
I definitely read that last caption as "FBI ANALYZES FIRST PIECE OF SHIT CHINESE BALLOON"
Well, that certainly is a much more accurate title.

Could use a picture of an FBI agent sniffing the balloon and poking it with a stick. Also would be a pretty accurate assessment of what those idiots are doing with it.

Reactions: sktchy

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Earlier today I just happened to be watching a video of two F14 Tomcats shooting down two Libyan SU-22s in 1981. The one F14 missile first passed one of the SU-22s as it couldn't lock on. But it finally locked on the SU-22 and pulled a 45G turn to get on target with the SU-22. So it makes you wonder what a winged aircraft like a current drone could sustain in high Gs. I'm sure we won't know for decades to come.
I think you mean 4.5G's. 45 G's would destroy anything we have. 9 - 10 with a G-suit is all a human being can sustain. The maximum G-load of an F-14 is 7.5g's and was scaled back to 6.5g's in operation to maintain air frame service life.

The Saturn V rockets that took us to the moon, on launch only generated 4 - 4.5G's.

Editing, I went and looked up the specs on the F-14... G-limits +7.5

1676338060246.png

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I think you mean 4.5G's. 45 G's would destroy anything we have. 9 - 10 with a G-suit is all a human being can sustain. The maximum G-load of an F-14 is 7.5g's and was scaled back to 6.5g's in operation to maintain air frame service life.

The Saturn V rockets that took us to the moon, on launch only generated 4 - 4.5G's.

View attachment 151430
I think he meant the missile banked 45 gs?

Reactions: Pressure Ratio

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

View attachment 151430

I guess I didn't word that clearly. The F14 didn't make that high G turn, the missile did. I listened to the video a few times to make sure I heard it correctly. Because I was amazed. Maybe it could have been poor audio or incorrectly stated?

As far as the saturn rocket max speed, was it backed down to keep the astronauts safe? Or because the fact that accelerating 6 million pound rocket against gravity is hard to pull high Gs? Different than say a jet making a high G turn. I want to say I read that several air frames are capable of 15 Gs. I think it was an article on the F22. But none can be realistically tested due to the pilot being the reason.

Side note, I'm also amazed that the fastest man made thing on earth was a manhole cover. It was calculated to have left the ground at 37 miles per second (130,000 mph). Which is 5 times the escape velocity of earth. Someone calculate the Gs that thing pulled. Haha

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I guess I didn't word that clearly. The F14 didn't make that high G turn, the missile did. I listened to the video a few times to make sure I heard it correctly. Because I was amazed. Maybe it could have been poor audio or incorrectly stated?

As far as the saturn rocket max speed, was it backed down to keep the astronauts safe? Or because the fact that accelerating 6 million pound rocket against gravity is hard to pull high Gs? Different than say a jet making a high G turn. I want to say I read that several air frames are capable of 15 Gs. I think it was an article on the F22. But none can be realistically tested due to the pilot being the reason.

Side note, I'm also amazed that the fastest man made thing on earth was a manhole cover. It was calculated to have left the ground at 37 miles per second (130,000 mph). Which is 5 times the escape velocity of earth. Someone calculate the Gs that thing pulled. Haha
I'd like to hear more about this manhole cover

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin

Yea, I mis-read, so I apologize.

The thing with escape velocity IIRC, is that G-load off the launch pad would be the most of the trip (whether they dialed it back, I don't know to be honest), because the velocity needed to break earth's gravitational pull decreases as altitude increases so once you reach the boundries of earth's atmosphere and space ~65'ish miles above sea level, not as much force is needed. At least that was my plebian understanding of EV.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Yea, I mis-read, so I apologize.

The thing with escape velocity IIRC, is that G-load off the launch pad would be the most of the trip (whether they dialed it back, I don't know to be honest), because the velocity needed to break earth's gravitational pull decreases as altitude increases so once you reach the boundries of earth's atmosphere and space ~65'ish miles above sea level, not as much force is needed. At least that was my plebian understanding of EV.
Ya the thinning atmosphere would cause less drag and friction. It would be interesting to see a graph of the Gs it pulled through its flight. That's a big SOB with lotsa thrust!

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yeah and they were trying to get the 1st one in Alaska for 4 days blaming the weather for the difficulty. I'm starting to think the reports from the Pentagon that we actually shot down these objects is bullshit. You said it yourself, the object in 2004 performed areal maneuvers way past our capabilities. Might just be the US government trying to save face and an attempt to ease civilian concerns by saying they were shot down. There's been no proof we shot down anything other than the balloon.

I mean the Alaska thing makes some sense, it is winter after all, in alaska. a lot of places aren't really easily accessible there regardless of weather.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I mean the Alaska thing makes some sense, it is winter after all, in alaska. a lot of places aren't really easily accessible there regardless of weather.
By the most advanced military on the planet? I'll give them a pass on Alaska now what about the Yukon over land or Lake Huron during one of the most mild winters n recent history? Either A. They never shot them down or B. They don't want the public to know what it was.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
By the most advanced military on the planet? I'll give them a pass on Alaska now what about the Yukon over land or Lake Huron during one of the most mild winters n recent history? Either A. They never shot them down or B. They don't want the public to know what it was.

oh yeah those ive got nothing

i was just giving them a half ass pass on AK :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Or they have it and have no idea what it is.

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
They have to know where it is, supposedly it's in Canadian waters, so I'm sure there is some back and forth there. Based on maps of where I saw the shoot down take place, it's in about 200 ft of water. This time of year, Lake Huron isn't the most hospitable place to be out swimming in to dive and recover something 200ft below. Heck, most of the 'Lakers are even on hiatus, primarily because the Soo locks are closed for winter maintenance and they can't get on to Superior to go get ore, but even still, just a hard, tough time to be out there.

• Haha
Reactions: Yaj Yak

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
They have to know where it is, supposedly it's in Canadian waters, so I'm sure there is some back and forth there, based on maps of where I saw the shoot down take place, it's in about 200 ft of water. This time of year, Lake Huron isn't the most hospitable place to be out swimming in to dive and recover something 200ft below. Heck, most of the 'Lakers are even on hiatus, primarily because the Soo locks are closed for winter maintenance and they can't get on to Superior to go get ore, but even still, just a hard, tough time to be out there.
Why don't they just twist the HAARP dial the other direction and make it sunny and 70 degrees?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info