Alfa 4C

J-LO

Reaction score
Trying to convince wife this should be her next car. Thoughts? Options in that price range that appeal to the ladies?

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
If its not gonna be a daily I'd say go for it. Its a great looking/sounding car but its really no frills. Those things dont even have power steering. And since its built on a carbon fiber monocoque its got wide sills which makes getting in/out of it a fun task as well :rofl: Id still love to own one, but definitely not for every day driving.

OP
J-LO

J-LO

Reaction score
If its not gonna be a daily I'd say go for it. Its a great looking/sounding car but its really no frills. Those things dont even have power steering. And since its built on a carbon fiber monocoque its got wide sills which makes getting in/out of it a fun task as well :rofl: Id still love to own one, but definitely not for every day driving.

It will be a daily but she works 1 mile from home so it’s not important. Heavy snow days I’ll stay home and she can have truck.

Gonna have her test drive one, really don’t want her in another M4

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
The 4C is freaking riot. It's legit home on the track. I drove one up to run at Road America and holy crap did it beat me up. It's loud (wind and road noise), rough-riding and put together with a bunch of aftermarket garbage (Best Buy stereo, hobbled-together bluetooth), but wowsers is it a legit track experience. The Spider with its canvas top is annoyingly loud. All the pops, burbles, crackles. It pops like a hand gun went off - you can't drive it without people turning their heads, or ducking.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
But to echo Paul, it's a shitty daily driver.

OP
J-LO

J-LO

Reaction score
Way to destroy it joe.. lol she says it’s out!!

Need more options

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
What does she drive now? How does she plan to use the car?

OP
J-LO

J-LO

Reaction score
What does she drive now? How does she plan to use the car?

She drives my old Sentra right now, but that will turn into kids car. Her cars before them were the M4 and a Mustang gt.

She’s probably best suited for another M4 but I’m trying to give her options.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Mercedes C63 coupe. Perfect daily driver. Not as razor edged as the M4, and I think it makes more of a styling statement too. Could also save $10k and go C43. Plenty quick enough and looks similar.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Fuck driving this thing daily. Awesome car but it would get old really fucking fast.

OP
J-LO

J-LO

Reaction score
Mercedes C63 coupe. Perfect daily driver. Not as razor edged as the M4, and I think it makes more of a styling statement too. Could also save $10k and go C43. Plenty quick enough and looks similar.

She actually brought this car up, prior to me picking the 4C

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd take the Mercedes over the Alfa all day everyday

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
Cool car. BUT -

There is a reason Alfa and Fiat don't stay on US soil in a permanent fashion.

They've come and gone before in my life. They'll come and go again. Just not a fit of the necessary level for the US market, whatever that means.

When they go away again, the car won't be worth scrap value and parts will be unobtanium.

Again.

Mercedes....

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Cool car. BUT -

There is a reason Alfa and Fiat don't stay on US soil in a permanent fashion.

They've come and gone before in my life. They'll come and go again. Just not a fit of the necessary level for the US market, whatever that means.

When they go away again, the car won't be worth scrap value and parts will be unobtanium.

Again.

Mercedes....
With the assimilation with Dodge/Chrysler products, I feel like they're going to be around for a while.

OP
J-LO

J-LO

Reaction score
Her and I will come up with a shortlist at the auto show. We have plenty of time to shop

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
With the assimilation with Dodge/Chrysler products, I feel like they're going to be around for a while.
Kinda like Daimler Chrysler?

You too will see. Eventually.

Age and treachery before youth and skill.

Revisit this thread in 2025 and go "WOW! Remember when Fiat and Dodge were together?" Because Goddammit, TCG will still be around! Fiat/Chrysler won't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom