Alarm system for car?>

Diavolo

Needs more turbos
Reaction score
My car was broken into again for the 2nd straight week. Last time they didn't steal anything, this time they just stole change, even though I have 2 CD binders, 2 palm pilots, DHP powrtuner (no laptop) there.

Factory alarm does not go off over a smashed window I guess, Any suggestions here? I want to beat these fuckers with a baseball bat.

01Cobra

Chicagogarage stakeout party. All pitch in for some donuts, coffee, and use Erics Impala as the surveillance car.

Slider

Reaction score
Viper alarm with 2 way remote, and a backup battery in case they snip the battery cable, and maybe a backup siren. Personally I'd go with anything made by http://www.directed.com/

Also I heard good stuff about Compustar and and Bulldog Security(cheap DIY alarms).

James

Reaction score
If they're not opening doors or turning on interior lamps to trigger your alarm then there's no point in getting another alarm that doesn't have a glass break sensor or perimeter sensor.

You want an alarm with an adjustable perimeter sensor- so between peeking in and breaking a window/trying something there will be a warning chirp to let them know the alarm knows they're there and is about to go off.

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
alarms suck, nobody cares that they are going off, and they wouldnt stop anybody from breaking into a car if they really wanted. you are better off saving money and buying a place that you can store your car in a garage... or getting some type of camera hooked up to a DVR so you can catch anybody that tries to mess with your car

Mr Baytchos

Reaction score
Alarms do nothing.....especially if you live in a bad area where they prolly go off all the time.

Garage it or a camera are your best options.

Unless you can talk to the cops to see if they will patrol your area better:dunno:

The Italian

But not Italian
Donating Member
Reaction score
I have the Scosche SC2W900FMR. Its the 2nd unit I've put on my cars. My brother has one along with a ton of my friends. This system is LOUD. And when it goes off, it pages the controller on your keyring.

I'm not sure who the Scosche dealer is in the Chicago area, but make some calls and check it out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom