• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Air Pass/emissions

Royalgtp

Reaction score
What happens if you dont make it to the emissions station on time to get your vehicle checked?

I was about to go and then my SES came up like 2 days before the deadline. I think it may be a while till I have a chance to fix the problem and go in.

Does it get reported to police? Fines?

TommyGloves

Reaction score
What happens if you dont make it to the emissions station on time to get your vehicle checked?

I was about to go and then my SES came up like 2 days before the deadline. I think it may be a while till I have a chance to fix the problem and go in.

Does it get reported to police? Fines?
[/b]
You'll get a notice in the mail indicating that you have to getting tested by a certain date or they will suspend your DL license or vehicle plates. (can't remember which one.) No fines that I know of.

thebullfrog

Reaction score
Yeah, same thing happened to me once. Just show up anyway. They'll fail you, give you some paperwork and give you time to fix it. I wanna say they gave me a couple months actually but don't remember for sure, it was a long time ago.

SaturdaysGS

Reaction score
They gave my dad a couple months (til October, and it was due July) for his Jeep. Damn "California emissions" equipped vehicles.

1BADGTP

Reaction score
They did the same thing but i did not get it fixed in time and they suspended my plates. When that happens you have to go to a full service DMV and get a temp 5 day pass to drive your car there the pass is only 10 bucks I think.

Toasty

Reaction score
are you refering to your testing month deadline, or the experation of your current tag? your testing month on the card they send typically is 2 months or so from your expiration date. I sent mine in to the address on the card, specified an in service date for the car to be operational again, and got like 4 months extra.

BumpinGTP

Reaction score
I have had my license suspended twice for not going to emissions. Its not a big deal if you dont drive the car, since you can transfer suspsension to the plates instead of your license, but if you drive the car you need to get it done.

red gtx

Reaction score
Speaking of it. I need to get the GTX inspected by the end of the month or I'll get suspended...No cat. No exhaust sensors....wonder if I'll pass?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom