Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
My wife and I use our air fryer for almost everything. Roasted potatoes, reheat food, wings, chicken, lobster tails, frozen waffles, tortilla chips, shrimp, ect. Literally almost everything.

When we get McDonald's for our kids and they have left over chicken nuggets, we reheat them in there as well.
Deets on reheating nugs?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I do wings from raw, throw them in a bag dump your oil of choice in there enough to cover them all and season with whatever you fancy, I run the air fryer as hot as it goes 400-450 for 15-20 minutes depends on how big it is, I bought a fry cutter also to make my own fries but haven’t had the chance to use it yet

Reactions: SleeperLS

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I've also used the air fryer to make some jerky. I use my wife's teriyaki recipe and marinate the meat. Set the air fryer accordingly, and after a few hours, add more sauce and continue. It's usually in the air fryer for about 8 hours.
I will try this out in ours. I want to make some elk jerky this winter

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Ok. I can't say that it was bad or that I wouldn't do it again. But it just doesn't have the same flavor as a normal deep fried one. But I also skipped the step of them saying that I should oil it on both sides before air frying, I don't know if that would do anything other than maybe not make it stick to the rack

Reactions: sktchy

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Ok. I can't say that it was bad or that I wouldn't do it again. But it just doesn't have the same flavor as a normal deep fried one. But I also skipped the step of them saying that I should oil it on both sides before air frying, I don't know if that would do anything other than maybe not make it stick to the rack
It really does make a difference between making somethin dry af and or turning the edges black to having a nice friedness to it. It won't ever be the same as boiling oil, but you can get pretty dang close

Reactions: importcrew

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
A little early Christmas present for my air fryer bros:

I’ve used this wing recipe a bunch of times and they always come out great. I usually buy the wings from Costco.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Just used my air fryer for the first time last night and made fries.

Recipe is as follows:
- Two big Russet potatoes
- Put in microwave for 5 min to soften them up a bit
- Cut into strips
- Apply olive oil, sea salt and cracked pepper
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 18 min, shaking the basket at the halfway mark

They came out surprisingly good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info