• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Air conditioning Switch Control, heater and A/C

G_T_P

Reaction score
Anyone have this laying around for a 2000 Grand Am GT for cheap or anyone know of a place i could get it for dirt cheap. My friend needs one her heat only works on the number 5 level 1-4 stoppped working. Heard this is common for these cars. Part number she was told is 15-72584.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
You sure it is the switch and not the blower motor resistor? I would double check that before buying the switch.

G_T_P

Reaction score
Ahh ya never checked yet!! Good man thanks for the help!!!

1FastWS6

Slow and only getting Slower...
Reaction score
its the resistor. mine went out in the durango and the same thing happened.

Jakeman17

Reaction score
Anyone have this laying around for a 2000 Grand Am GT for cheap or anyone know of a place i could get it for dirt cheap. My friend needs one her heat only works on the number 5 level 1-4 stoppped working. Heard this is common for these cars. Part number she was told is 15-72584.
LKQ in Rockford had a bunch of GA when I was there

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Reaction score
if it is a problem with speeds other than 5 in a GM car, it is a BMR, 5 is unaffected by the BMR because it is full current to the motor, so no resistor is used.... I can't wait till cars start using PWM to control the Blower motor that'll be good by BMR's for good

G_T_P

Reaction score
ya just got done fixing it. It was the BMR it was not hard at all to doo just a tight squeeze lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom