Ahmaud Arbery shooting, GA

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
IMO, it's all going to depend on what they get charged with.

I think its going to be stupid if they go after murder with hate crime and then hope that the jury returns a verdict of manslaughter at least.

I'm still saying they should go after a strong as hell case of manslaughter and get these two idiots off the streets for as long as they can. It will be much easier for a jury to say yes they see manslaughter if you make that case from the start instead of going for murder and then a few people don't see it as murder so then they have to debate back and forth about manslaughter.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score

I think its going to be stupid if they go after murder with hate crime and then hope that the jury returns a verdict of manslaughter at least.

I'm still saying they should go after a strong as hell case of manslaughter and get these two idiots off the streets for as long as they can. It will be much easier for a jury to say yes they see manslaughter if you make that case from the start instead of going for murder and then a few people don't see it as murder so then they have to debate back and forth about manslaughter.
I’m more interested in what’s going to happen to the police with the feds now investigating them.

an individual murder is a tragedy, the systemic bullshit what allows it to get by unpunished and is the greater injustice.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’m more interested in what’s going to happen to the police with the feds now investigating them.

an individual murder is a tragedy, the systemic bullshit what allows it to get by unpunished and is the greater injustice.
For sure, theyve gone through a handful of DA's or some shit already, total clusterfuck.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score

They have been charged with murder

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
They have been charged with murder
I think that's a mistake. Time will tell, but hopefully the jury can at least agree on a manslaughter charge....

I'm just not a fan of them trying for more than they should, then shit gets pleaded down and screws everything up.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think that's a mistake. Time will tell, but hopefully the jury can at least agree on a manslaughter charge....

I'm just not a fan of them trying for more than they should, then shit gets pleaded down and screws everything up.
Thats the reason I mentioned yesterday that I wondered if they did that on purpose.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
Donating Member
Reaction score
For sure, theyve gone through a handful of DA's or some shit already, total clusterfuck.
The problem is, the dad was an investigator for the DA office in that county. So that whole government body is "tainted" because he worked with probably every judge and prosecutor during his tenure.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score

They could also be charged with false imprisonment(https://codes.findlaw.com/ga/title-16-crimes-and-offenses/ga-code-sect-16-5-41.html) and pointing a weapon (https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-11/article-4/part-1/16-11-102/) if they didn't have the criteria needed to conduct a citizen's arrest. Murder 2 may be possible but manslaughter is much easier to prove so I agree with you there. Hate crime is unrealistic unless some sort of motive can be attributed which the evidence hasn't really shown yet. I agree there two

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
The problem is, the dad was an investigator for the DA office in that county. So that whole government body is "tainted" because he worked with probably every judge and prosecutor during his tenure.
yeah two prosecutors had already recused themselves because of close relationships with the one defendant. The third didn’t seem to be doing anything, then when the video went public the GBI stepped in and made things happen.

Ryan02Stang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Hillbillies were idiots. I have a feeling they're going to walk though because I'm not sure I agree that they committed murder. Manslaughter, 100%, but not sure they'll be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that they committed murder.

Also, FWIW when I was a kid new houses in our neighborhood were being built. I spent hours going through them. I never stole anything, but I'd go through the whole damn house. I just thought it was cool.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Watching the video, manslaughter seems to be a slam dunk. Murder? Not so much. How do you prove the white guys were planning on killing the black guy?

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
willizm willizm can the jury change the charge in Georgia if they can’t find enough for murder but find enough for voluntary manslaughter? I know some states they can do that...you’re better at finding the law

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
willizm willizm can the jury change the charge in Georgia if they can’t find enough for murder but find enough for voluntary manslaughter? I know some states they can do that...you’re better at finding the law
The judge can stipulate a lesser charge of manslaughter is a possibility. I can’t remember what I was watching but that scenario happened where the evidence was too flimsy for a murder 2 charge so the judge instructed the jury to consider a lesser charge of manslaughter in their deliberations. Not sure if Georgia law specifically would allow for that or if only certain state’s allow it.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
While I still think those two guys that stopped him for a citizen's arrest should have left it to the police, I can see why this incident escalated the way it did. I'm not saying these two guys are innocent, but I'm starting to believe that Arbery's aggressive nature didn't help.

Watch the video below and check out the attitude on this guy when police question him as to why he's parked in a grassy field. Arbery comes out of the hole with an attitude, cussing at the officer as well as running up on him. If he would do this to a police officer, I don't doubt that he would do the same to a couple of racist rednecks that pissed him off because they were questioning as to why he was in the neighborhood.

Again, don't take this as me placing the blame on Arbery and that he deserved to get shot. I still think that the shooters should have charges filed against them. But I'm starting to think that they may have shot him because he ran up on them. Again, this all could have been prevented had they just minded their own business.

Ryan02Stang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
There has been a couple videos of him on the local news over the last night. The one above, and another of him shoplifting with a crew of thugs and getting arrested.

I'm not saying this dude deserved to die on his jog, I don't believe that whatsoever....but some of these guys are so stupid they can't even save their own lives. Many of these situations similar to this, yes, the shooter is guilty and should have to face the justice that comes along with it...but if the one getting shot wasn't such a dumbass they could have avoided themselves being killed by the other dumbass.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I agree, I think it's ridiculous these guys ran up on him with guns. Since it ended with him getting shot/killed, I think they still deserve to get some charges as the whole thing didn't have to happen. It's really hard to claim self-defense with what they did. Even if the guy did have an aggressive reaction to their presence, they instigated the whole thing. But I'm not shocked the way that it escalated with hotter heads.

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I also saw a leaked text from one of the local police officers telling the guy that owned the home under construction to call the two guys if he saw anything, because they lived in the neighborhood and the older guy was an ex LEO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom