Ahmaud Arbery shooting, GA

DEEZUZ

IT'S BRETT BUBBLE TIME
Donating Member
Reaction score
February 23rd, and I have just now heard of this. Unreal.

In the afternoon of February 23, 2020, Ahmaud Arbery, an unarmed 25-year-old African-American man, was jogging along a road in Satilla Shores,[2][3][4] a community near Brunswick, Georgia, when he was confronted by two armed men in a pickup truck, Travis McMichael and his father Gregory McMichael.[5] The confrontation ended with Arbery being fatally shot by Travis McMichael.[5][6] The shooting was captured on video by William "Roddie" Bryan, from a vehicle following Arbery.[7]

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it seems suspect for me. Even if the dude was casing the neighborhood, no reason to shoot (or stop) the guy. From the crap video I saw, it was tough to tell who was the aggressor. But neither of the two white dudes seemed like their lives were in danger.

Found a link to a purported video of him going through some house that was under construction. Though my wife and I did that in our neighborhood when it was being built. No reason to follow us and take a shot.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
I had read some information initially that indicated there was self defense aspects of it. Haven't seen the video yet but paying attention to what's coming out of the news now it sounds extremely damning to the attackers. It seems they were looking for trouble and killed a man in what I'd call manslaughter being incredibly generous and far more likely in absolute cold blood. After that it sounds like the prosecutor covered for him because he had connections.

There'd have to be some pretty crazy evidence unearthed for me to even come close to thinking this was a good idea.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
It’s clear that the guy was going around trying to steal tools/copper from the construction site, but that’s not a death sentence. Those hillbillies just didn’t want somebody of his complexion in their neighborhood.

VenomousDSG

Better Call Lalo
Reaction score
Why is it whenever white people shoot someone who's black it has to make national news, ALWAYS? Meanwhile when the roles are reversed, theres never a national outcry about it. This is just another case of media race baiting and causing chaos.

This particular individual, as in all these cases, was a criminal with a massive criminal history, was casing a house, got caught by a neighbor and took off running. Not "jogging", and was nowhere near his residence. When 2 others chased him with guns to stop him, the guy turned around and tried assaulting the father and son who had the gun, in an attempt to get away, and he was shot.

All of this was caught on multiple cameras. In the end they will be set free just like Zimmerman was years ago. And we'll repeat this scenario again down the road sometime, and no one will change....

Mr_Roboto

Donating Member
Reaction score
Why is it whenever white people shoot someone who's black it has to make national news, ALWAYS? Meanwhile when the roles are reversed, theres never a national outcry about it. This is just another case of media race baiting and causing chaos.

This particular individual, as in all these cases, was a criminal with a massive criminal history, was casing a house, got caught by a neighbor and took off running. Not "jogging", and was nowhere near his residence. When 2 others chased him with guns to stop him, the guy turned around and tried assaulting the father and son who had the gun, in an attempt to get away, and he was shot.

All of this was caught on multiple cameras. In the end they will be set free just like Zimmerman was years ago. And we'll repeat this scenario again down the road sometime, and no one will change....
Election season is close.......

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
This particular individual, as in all these cases, was a criminal with a massive criminal history, was casing a house, got caught by a neighbor and took off running.
So in your opinion, ALL black people that are shot by a white person or cop is a criminal?
Very interesting 👀

VenomousDSG

Better Call Lalo
Reaction score
So in your opinion, ALL black people that are shot by a white person or cop is a criminal?
Very interesting 👀
That is not what I said at all... I said all these national outcry stories are of criminals getting shot in the process of committing crimes. All of them that they choose to cover at least.

Treyvon martin

Eric garner

Michael brown

Laquan mcdonald

The list goes on and on and on.

OP
DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

IT'S BRETT BUBBLE TIME
Donating Member
Reaction score
It’s clear that the guy was going around trying to steal tools/copper from the construction site, but that’s not a death sentence. Those hillbillies just didn’t want somebody of his complexion in their neighborhood.
Why's it so clear?

Mr_Roboto

Donating Member
Reaction score

Just watched the video. He ran say 100-150 feet towards the guy with the shotgun. He doesn't connect with him physically before the first shot but is wailing the fuck out of him during the second shot and trying to take his gun. Who the fuck is gonna charge a shotgun like that? I'd be scared shitless if someone had the balls to charge me when I had a shotgun like that armed or not.

I'm not sure what the hell happened before this but I think I'd be going the opposing direction of the 2 dudes with shotguns honestly.

ED:Seems like the camera vehicle was a "chase" vehicle. Not sure what the fuck is going on here. Shit seems pretty crazy to me. Dude definitely chose fight in the scheme of fight or flight.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
I’m making legal arguments only. Georgia law requires presence of a crime or immediate knowledge of a crime by the person doing the citizens arrest. Not Nancy down the street that called 911 to report something that is a a questionable misdemeanor. it doesn't really matter what the evidence is, but the process of which the two groups interacted. Just like it doesn't matter what he could have potentially done (arson, theft, etc) just the same as if they were acting with prejudice due to race that is all conjecture. It's going to come down to did the two men have the legal right to stop him and brandish a weapon for do a citizen's arrest. Everything else is honestly noise including the media hyperbole. Again, I'm only looking at it from a legal standard. If you can prove that the two men had legal authority under Georgia law to conduct a citizen's arrest, then you have to also prove whether or not what he did was a criminal offense (misdemeanor or felony). Those are going to be the 2 requirements needed to justify their actions else they are culpable of committing a crime themselves. This is per the citizens arrest standards of georgia.

2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 17 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 4 - ARREST OF PERSONS
ARTICLE 4 - ARREST BY PRIVATE PERSONS
§ 17-4-60 - Grounds for arrest

A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.
If both of those can be proven that they were in their right and the perpetrator committed a crime per the law then they will be acquitted. Else, they will be charged with negligent manslaughter and maybe second degree murder.

VenomousDSG

Better Call Lalo
Reaction score
Who the fuck is gonna charge a shotgun like that? I'd be scared shitless if someone had the balls to charge me when I had a shotgun like that armed or not.

I'm not sure what the hell happened before this but I think I'd be going the opposing direction of the 2 dudes with shotguns honestly.

ED:Seems like the camera vehicle was a "chase" vehicle. Not sure what the fuck is going on here. Shit seems pretty crazy to me. Dude definitely chose fight in the scheme of fight or flight.
He didnt want to go to jail, plain and simple.... He didnt care about his life, hes a criminal who only cares about ripping people off and bettering himself.

How is a sane rational person who can control their emotions supposed to feel bad for someone like this? The media on the other hand wants you to do the opposite and cause a mess and feel bad for the poor criminal.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score

Just watched the video. He ran say 100-150 feet towards the guy with the shotgun. He doesn't connect with him physically before the first shot but is wailing the fuck out of him during the second shot and trying to take his gun. Who the fuck is gonna charge a shotgun like that? I'd be scared shitless if someone had the balls to charge me when I had a shotgun like that armed or not.

I'll just say if someone rolled up on me with a shotgun pointed at me I'd try to charge it too especially when I can't outrun a vehicle and someone is trying to kill me for all I know.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’m making legal arguments only. Georgia law requires presence of a crime or immediate knowledge of a crime by the person doing the citizens arrest. Not Nancy down the street that called 911 to report something that is a a questionable misdemeanor. it doesn't really matter what the evidence is, but the process of which the two groups interacted. Just like it doesn't matter what he could have potentially done (arson, theft, etc) just the same as if they were acting with prejudice due to race that is all conjecture. It's going to come down to did the two men have the legal right to stop him and brandish a weapon for do a citizen's arrest. Everything else is honestly noise including the media hyperbole. Again, I'm only looking at it from a legal standard. If you can prove that the two men had legal authority under Georgia law to conduct a citizen's arrest, then you have to also prove whether or not what he did was a criminal offense (misdemeanor or felony). Those are going to be the 2 requirements needed to justify their actions else they are culpable of committing a crime themselves. This is per the citizens arrest standards of georgia.

If both of those can be proven that they were in their right and the perpetrator committed a crime per the law then they will be acquitted. Else, they will be charged with negligent manslaughter and maybe second degree murder.
Self-defense was also thrown out there. Two prosecutors had recused themselves because of one of the two's involvement with the prosecutors investigation office (retired investigator).

Question would be, if the man is no longer committing the crime, does citizen's arrest still apply? He's obviously not in a house, stealing, starting fires, etc., he's jogging down the road, and the two are stopped in the road seemingly "waiting" for him, while it looks like he attempts to run around the truck.

Mr_Roboto

Donating Member
Reaction score
I'll just say if someone rolled up on me with a shotgun pointed at me I'd try to charge it too especially when I can't outrun a vehicle and someone is trying to kill me for all I know.
Charging from 100+ feet away? Really? Maybe he could have disassembled the gun like in that Lethal Weapon movie while he was at it.

This is really interesting. If they believed him to be the guy from the security footage (yes being of color may have been part of that but at the same time so is being a male, X tall, wearing specific clothes or any other form of outward appearance indicators. You just can't do the whole Miss Swan thing where he "looka like a man") then they were likely within the law in doing such. That seems like a really low burden for them to convince a jury about.

I think that this does look bad for the prosecutors because it sounded like they not only recused themselves they refused to move further with the investigation. It seems like something that needed to go up to county or state level as required to remove influence.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Self-defense was also thrown out there. Two prosecutors had recused themselves because of one of the two's involvement with the prosecutors investigation office (retired investigator).

Question would be, if the man is no longer committing the crime, does citizen's arrest still apply? He's obviously not in a house, stealing, starting fires, etc., he's jogging down the road, and the two are stopped in the road seemingly "waiting" for him, while it looks like he attempts to run around the truck.
It's not even a matter if the person is no longer committing the crime as it is being a witness or having first hand knowledge of a crime. The other thing about it is how do you estabilish the crime? Someone can't break and enter a wide open construction site. Someone can't tresspass without having warning that area is off limits "no tresspassing" signs. Not only that but if the owner doesn't press charges then there is no crime either since it's on private property.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
He didnt want to go to jail, plain and simple.... He didnt care about his life, hes a criminal who only cares about ripping people off and bettering himself.

How is a sane rational person who can control their emotions supposed to feel bad for someone like this? The media on the other hand wants you to do the opposite and cause a mess and feel bad for the poor criminal.
Ever hear of the saying dont judge a book by its cover. Who gives a fuck about his past, doesnt mean he was committing a crime when they lynched him. Even if he did just commit a crime it doesnt give those 2 hillbillys the right to murder him which was a lynching imo.
I cant stand when people like you and others bring up a persons past. Thats like saying if a MFer blasts me and then you hear about my past on the news. Not knowing the circumstances of some of the shit I did in the past or how long ago it was. But your probably going to say good, that POS deserved it. People do change believe it or not, might not be many but it does happen.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Charging from 100+ feet away? Really? Maybe he could have disassembled the gun like in that Lethal Weapon movie while he was at it.
The video is unclear if the person knew he was running up on a guy with a shotgun from 100+ feet away or if he was heading that direction and didn't know until he got within 20 feet of him that there was a threat. Just because you feel he was running the shotgun guy down from a far distance is yet to be established just the same as within 20 feet.

Presumably you'd probably stop far ahead of where a runner is heading so you can cut them off.

greasy

Check Out Our Russian Lathe Accident Thread!
Donating Member
Reaction score
For sure looks like Arbery was the same guy that was in the house being built. Not sure if he was stealing anything or just thought is was cool to see the inside of a home being built.

What I don't understand is why are you not calling the police vs. trying to make a citizens arrest with guns as an untrained person? I get trying to protect your home and neighborhood, but this seems like these idiots trying to play judge/jury/ and unfortunately executioner.

VenomousDSG

Better Call Lalo
Reaction score
Ever hear of the saying dont judge a book by its cover. Who gives a fuck about his past, doesnt mean he was committing a crime when they lynched him. Even if he did just commit a crime it doesnt give those 2 hillbillys the right to murder him which was a lynching imo.
I cant stand when people like you and others bring up a persons past. Thats like saying if a MFer blasts me and then you hear about my past on the news. Not knowing the circumstances of some of the shit I did in the past or how long ago it was. But your probably going to say good, that POS deserved it. People do change believe it or not, might not be many but it does happen.
Past has relevance, even in trials. It's called character.

And he wasn't murdered... He chose his fate by charging people who were trying to subdue him till the police got there. Charging someone with a gun pointed at you after you just got done committing crimes is not very intelligent. Georgia is a stand your ground state, they did nothing wrong in the eyes of Georgia law.

Even with video evidence people still choose to create an argument for murder. Amazing.

OP
DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

IT'S BRETT BUBBLE TIME
Donating Member
Reaction score
You walk a couple miles from your house often to check out random construction sites?
Do you often commit crimes within 2 miles of your house?

So what if he was stopped out front of a house, checking a text message, adjusting music... Who knows...?

Was there video/credible witnesses saying he was stealing stuff?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom