• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Aftermath of my blown engine *pics*

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Well since the car is all back together, I thought Id post up what happened to the old engine of mine that blew.

I'm not stating what caused the engine to blow because of personal reasons. So please don't ask. I'm sure you guys can make your own assumptions. No need to vender bash, point fingers at me or anyone else etc. We are all adults here, lets act like it and keep it cool! :biggthump Any other question I will be happy to answer, plugs/boost/octane etc. I just thought not too many people seen the inside of these puppies before.

Ended up melting/cracking 5 piston, trashing both cylinder heads, possible scoring the cylinder wall (not sure, didn't look too hard but did bore 20 over and was good to go). Again I saw the melted/cracked pistons with my eyes, didn't even need to measure them. I'm sure I could have saved the heads but I went ahead and drove her thur last summer. I wanted the updated heads anyways. The car had the usually signs of excsive blow by, smoke, low power, oil everywhere.

Here are the pictures of the pistons. I don't no what cylinders is which because VT never labeled them. I do no which cylinder was #7, she was the worst. I had pictures of the heads but I think they were on my old laptop that crashed, Ill see if I can hunt them down. you'll noticed how much Teflon is left on the pistons. Most of the ring lands were gone and started to come apart. Also most of the tops of the pistons had metal scars from random peices of metal flying around in their. The piston rings seen MUCH better days, a couple rings are nowhere to be found.

During the install of the new engine, I was picking peices of my old piston rings out of the lower intake/pcv system for a hour or two.

Enjoy the carnage!

Picture184.jpg

Picture183.jpg

Picture182.jpg

Picture181.jpg

Picture180.jpg

Picture179.jpg

Picture178.jpg

This is Cylinder #7, the most failed cylinder in these cars (along with #8) This is due to the lack of coolant thur the heads I.E. the need for the "cooling mod"

Picture177.jpg

Picture174.jpg

Picture173.jpg

Kevin

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
maniak said:
i was :joke:

im worried about the t5 more than anything else :p

No worries, I have a spare T5 sitting in my Garage, Worried about anything else? Maybe a fox bodie 8.8 rear end? I got one of those too...Worried about the engine? I have a built used 373 stroker engine from DSS minus camshaft at a buddy's house? Still worried??? These are for sale, only to good friends, like youself....

Kevin

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info