AFM Delete

Frank Dukes

Reaction score
[MENTION=945]daturbosix[/MENTION]

So i saw on your facebook page you've done at least one of these. I bought a 2008 Silverado with the LC9 5.3 a while back and i'm afraid I've got a failing afm lifter with a misfire on cylinder 6 that won't go away with plug/wire/coil change.

Was curious if you could give me a ballpark of what this would cost labor wise for a afm delete and cam install. Essentially, lifters, springs, head gaskets, cam from what i gather. I have been looking at texas speed's offerings. Shoot me a PM or just post up your opinion. thanks.

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
has it been confirmed that the misfire is infact AFM related?
like monitored with a scanner?

as far as a quote, ill try to put one together for you in the morning.

Frank Dukes

Reaction score
no it has not, I am at the beginning stages here. have only done plugs/wires and coil swap as that's about as far as my abilities and time will comfortably take me. Code is P0306. When i pulled the #6 plug, it was noticeably wet with oil or fuel or both? other plugs were all fairly white and this one was quite dark.

this seems to be the most common cause i can find in researching online and there are definitely quite a few, multiple threads on about every message board out there covering what seems to be my scenario.

I'm gonna take it to a shop a mile from my house tomorrow to attempt to get diagnosed. however, i don't know for sure if they have done any of these and/or if that is my problem. I do have a a Diablo InTune2 for it so i can do a data log but I'm unsure if that could provide useful information?

Frank Dukes

Reaction score
Well the truck is now [MENTION=2419]tmbutitta[/MENTION] shop. we shall see what they say tomorrow.

JerryLSX

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack your thread OP, but I'm looking to delete the AFM on my 2012 Caprice. I'm getting REALLY annoyed with the 4cyl drone. How much would it be?

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack your thread OP, but I'm looking to delete the AFM on my 2012 Caprice. I'm getting REALLY annoyed with the 4cyl drone. How much would it be?
labor price depends on how you want to delete it. like we doing a camshaft or just lifters?

JerryLSX

Reaction score
labor price depends on how you want to delete it. like we doing a camshaft or just lifters?
Well I want to disable it first before I make a decision on deleting the system. If I like how the car drives with the system disabled I'll get the kit to delete it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom