Adios Thom Brennaman

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Ruin someones life over words..... That's what we've become as a society.

Meanwhile people are being murdered by the many hundreds every year here in Chicago, and that's more acceptable than a guy saying something stupid.

Comparing the act of murder and the act of an employer firing you because you fucked up is quite asinine.

He should be fired, you canā€™t undo that, itā€™s out there, and heā€™s replaceable in a job that represents organizations and the parent company. Hard to have a go back on that one and if heā€™s saying that openly in the booth Iā€™d be shocked that he doesnā€™t say worse not in the company of others tbh.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Comparing the act of murder and the act of an employer firing you because you fucked up is quite asinine.

He should be fired, you canā€™t undo that, itā€™s out there, and heā€™s replaceable in a job that represents organizations and the parent company. Hard to have a go back on that one and if heā€™s saying that openly in the booth Iā€™d be shocked that he doesnā€™t say worse not in the company of others tbh.
Point being this is petty childish shit that isn't worth the "serious" attention its getting. Attention that should be drawn on more important things, like the tens of thousands of murders a year in this country, and our communities turning to shitholes.

This is laughable, and common talk in an average college dorm or a locker room. I'm not losing sleep over it or trying to ruin a guys life for saying sonething dumb. Thats truely asinine.

Reactions: Shawn1112

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
It was a really, really careless thing to do. I'm not even comfortable saying that word in front of close friends, nor do I have the desire to use it. I usually complain about how PC the world has become, but I don't feel it's out of line for the guy to lose his job over this.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Just another example of how pussyfied our Country has become. So he said ***, big fucking deal, that word is used millions a times a day.
My Step Brother is 100% pillow biter, and when we are at family parties drinking and shit, he calls people ****. He should be suspended and ordered to go to stupid ass counseling to appease everyone he offended.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Just another example of how pussyfied our Country has become. So he said ***, big fucking deal, that word is used millions a times a day.
My Step Brother is 100% pillow biter, and when we are at family parties drinking and shit, he calls people ****. He should be suspended and ordered to go to stupid ass counseling to appease everyone he offended.

Would you have felt the same way if he said 'n*gga'? That word is probably said even more often. I hear black people say it all the time, probably also at family parties drinking and shit.

Chris91LX

Addict
TCG Premium
Sep 2, 2008
Crystal Lake

Agree 100%, but that's the world we live in now. And he sure as shit knew it was nuclear in his job, can't believe he even let himself think shit like that, let alone say it with a mike (live or not) on his head.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Would you have felt the same way if he said 'n*gga'? That word is probably said even more often. I hear black people say it all the time, probably also at family parties drinking and shit.
Would not bother me one bit as thats how I talk to my guys I grew up with. We dont say whats up dude, its more like whats good my nigga, or whats popping G. And thats white, hispanic and blacks that I grew up with that all talk like that.

Now guys I didnt grow up with and I know arent used to that shit, I'd say whats up dude or whats up bud.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Agree 100%, but that's the world we live in now. And he sure as shit knew it was nuclear in his job, can't believe he even let himself think shit like that, let alone say it with a mike (live or not) on his head.
I get it believe me, I just think firing the man is too harsh. Suspend him without pay, send to counselling etc.
My point being, is that word is pretty fucking common in the English language. I dont think I have went a day in my life without hearing the word ***.

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Would not bother me one bit as thats how I talk to my guys I grew up with. We dont say whats up dude, its more like whats good my nigga, or whats popping G. And thats white, hispanic and blacks that I grew up with that all talk like that.

Now guys I didnt grow up with and I know arent used to that shit, I'd say whats up dude or whats up bud.

So you don't think it would be offensive to black people if a white man used 'n*gga' in a derogatory manner on the air? I find that hard to believe.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So you don't think it would be offensive to black people if a white man used 'n*gga' in a derogatory manner on the air? I find that hard to believe.
****** and nigga are 2 different words. Yes if he called someone a ****** it would be different. But the word *** isnt derogatory every times its used. Say I ask my friend for a ride somewhere and he is busy. And I reply "your a fucking ***" thats not derogatory as I'm not calling him a *** in a derogatory sense. Is the word cock sucker derogatory as well?

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I'm not sure what the point of the above is? Showing movies that were made in the past that portrayed something as appropriate that now isn't? You can do that with any older movie, they only get worse. It means us as a society are evolving, in hopefully a better manner and more aware of our surroundings.

FWIW I do love 90's movies though for the laughs, plots, and fairly bad acting haha.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
****** and nigga are 2 different words. Yes if he called someone a ****** it would be different. But the word *** isnt derogatory every times its used. Say I ask my friend for a ride somewhere and he is busy. And I reply "your a fucking ***" thats not derogatory as I'm not calling him a *** in a derogatory sense. Is the word cock sucker derogatory as well?

You really think the broadcaster wouldn't be crucified for using any iteration of 'n*gga'?! You can even sing the word in a song much less using it in a derogatory manner. Calling your friends a racial slur in private is not the same thing, not even close.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
The point of the above is the politically correct noose is tightening.

Pretty soon, words that seem harmless by today's standards will be deemed offensive enough for someone to make a stupid mistake and lose their livelihood over.

Sorry. Just because people are terrified of social retalliation, doesn't mean they still don't think a certain way. It just means they are too scared to speak.

Another victory for the SJW's ! Woo-Hoo :(

Reactions: VenomousDSG

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
It was careless as hell, and deserves a suspension...but I don't think his career/life should be ruined over it.

A friend of mine that is gay texted me about this and he was laughing his ass off. Wasn't offended in the slightest. He said his punishment should be that he has to be the leader in the Cincinnati pride parade and hug gay people all day and that's it LOL!!

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
You really think the broadcaster wouldn't be crucified for using any iteration of 'n*gga'?! You can even sing the word in a song much less using it in a derogatory manner. Calling your friends a racial slur in private is not the same thing, not even close.
Who said I talk to my friends in private like that. Aint no shame in my game, I talk to them like that in public as well.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
It was careless as hell, and deserves a suspension...but I don't think his career/life should be ruined over it.

A friend of mine that is gay texted me about this and he was laughing his ass off. Wasn't offended in the slightest. He said his punishment should be that he has to be the leader in the Cincinnati pride parade and hug gay people all day and that's it LOL!!
If I were to ask my gay as fuck step brother, he would laugh as well.

Reactions: Chet Donnelly
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info